IGNORED

1970 240Z in SD. Surprised if this lasts one day.

motorman7

4 hours ago, motorman7 said:

Now it is more reasonably priced, was $22K.  The engine bay is pretty impressive on this one

What was the original price?  Never mind, I'm guessing $22,000 was original and you thought that was too low.  You think that that car is almost to Excellent level.  Pump,  pump, pump it up... (90's flashback).

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

I like the fact that the engine has not been messed with (much) and the 77K miles is probably legit based on the engine pic. Also looks very original except for a few minor details. (Granted the over all body pics and underside pics are poor and would effect the value)  This is exactly the type of car that I look for when doing a restoration.  It would be worse if it had a cheap $1K paint job and looked pretty pretending to be a Category 2, hiding what is underneath.  Too often this is what is sold in most cases.   I rarely buy a pretty face.  I want a complete, hardly touched package complete with warts.

And Hagerty is so out of touch with the Z community.  There are 1970 Z's selling for $100k and over among private parties.  Let them value the US muscle cars; because they are a bit behind the times with the Japanese cars.  

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 1