IGNORED

Injector Identification

chiefmd

I have a 77 280z that I purchased this summer for a winter project (or longer). Working on the fuel system so I decided to take the injectors to NAPA to have them rebuilt and cleaned. All good just one injector has a wider spray

pattern than the others but flow rate was consistent, 49, 48, 49, 48, 48, 49 ML for 30 seconds. First,  I can't find anything on the flow rate for the injectors, Secondly can't find anything on the injectors.  Here is a description\of the injectors:

Light green  ( Turquoise ) plug with markings that say RAM, RIM-116, 7016. Would appreciate any input. Thanks

IMG_1374.JPG

So mine would be 100cc/min? Or is a flow test that NAPA performed different than actual flow during operation on the car? Also,looked at the injectors on The Z store. They do look similar but no numerical

identification. Still leaves me wondering who manufactures them and what are the specs. Thanks for the input.

They're common auto store replacements.  The flow rates need to have a pressure associated with them to know what the rates mean.  The fact they're all the same and that somebody bought them for your car suggests that they're probably fine.  You'll know by how the engine runs if you have  problem.

That flow rate is very low then. What could be happening is that the filter baskets in the injector are clogged and Napa didn't replace those.   

I had the same issue on some Audi injectors. Injectors flowed equally, but flow rate was very low. New filter baskets solved the problem. 

Edited by Chickenman

These are very good injectors. Decent price as well. $165 per set of six.

I've got these in my 280Z now. No issues at all. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/75-76-77-78-79-80-81-82-83-Datsun-280Z-Fuel-Injectors-FJ707-Fj3-set-6/153115119000?fits=Model%3A280Z|Make%3ADatsun&hash=item23a65f4d98:g:9dMAAOSwJo1bX0Cs&vxp=mtr

You'd need to know the fluid they used also.  Could be that they were only testing for consistency, like a cylinder pressure test.

It's NAPA, not a business specializing in injectors.

Don't make something from nothing, unless you're looking for things to do.  If they're flowing 100 instead of 188, the car will be undriveable.  

12 hours ago, Chickenman said:

These are very good injectors. Decent price as well. $165 per set of six.

I've got these in my 280Z now. No issues at all. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/75-76-77-78-79-80-81-82-83-Datsun-280Z-Fuel-Injectors-FJ707-Fj3-set-6/153115119000?fits=Model%3A280Z|Make%3ADatsun&hash=item23a65f4d98:g:9dMAAOSwJo1bX0Cs&vxp=mtr

I am also using these in my 77 with no issues.