IGNORED

Rubber grommet removal

Dude

Hoping someone can tell me how to remove this rubber grommet that holds the windshield wiper hardness cable does it pop off in half or do I have to cut off and buy a new one? 

4FCA8493-14DD-43C8-BF60-0E17C593BC00.jpeg

ED448A59-AC5E-49F6-8AFE-B45C44835F35.jpeg

Edited by Dude
Forgot the second pic

4 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

I oil them up as much as possible. Squeeze it to one side and try to work it out a little at a time. Ehen they look like yours it maybe a lost cause.

Well let me see what I can do ??

If you do end up needing a new one, you can get it here: https://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4423653

He pretty much charges a flat rate shipping for one or more products so shop his site to see if there are additional items you need and order all at once.

If you get a new one the trick to installing it is to gently remove the pins from the plug, pull the wiring back thru the old grommet, reverse the process for the new one.  Easy peasy, been there - done that.  If the plastic covering on the wiring is brittle or cracked, this would be a good time to get some new shrinkwrap tubing and install it before the plug goes back on.

If your just trying to remove the motor, work the grommet through the firewall towards the wiper motor. If it breaks up you can get another as JFA.series1 suggests. Just be careful that you put the correct color wires back in the correct place in the plug

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

If you do end up needing a new one, you can get it here: https://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4423653

He pretty much charges a flat rate shipping for one or more products so shop his site to see if there are additional items you need and order all at once.

If you get a new one the trick to installing it is to gently remove the pins from the plug, pull the wiring back thru the old grommet, reverse the process for the new one.  Easy peasy, been there - done that.  If the plastic covering on the wiring is brittle or cracked, this would be a good time to get some new shrinkwrap tubing and install it before the plug goes back on.

3 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Ok now I feel more confident on getting it done! And honestly I might as well get all new rubber since I got it all apart anyways and thanks for the site cause that’s always a pain trying to find the best place to get parts! ??

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

If your just trying to remove the motor, work the grommet through the firewall towards the wiper motor. If it breaks up you can get another as JFA.series1 suggests. Just be careful that you put the correct color wires back in the correct place in the plug

Right on I’m tackling it tomorrow and probably just gonna cut the off cause the very brittle

EDIT, I'm sorry 240zrubberparts.  I jumped the gun, mine look different than yours.  I read from the bottom, up. 

Those look like the ones I bought locally at the dealership, next day of course. They fit the two holes at the bottom of the deck lid. ID is about 1 1/2".  OD is at 1 3/4". 

Ask really nicely availability on the number. Sometimes they are surprised and say they'll have it tomorrow. Good luck.

1535294132072.jpg

Edited by siteunseen

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

EDIT, I'm sorry 240zrubberparts.  I jumped the gun, mine look different than yours.  I read from the bottom, up. 

Those look like the ones I bought locally at the dealership, next day of course. They fit the two holes at the bottom of the deck lid. ID is about 1 1/2".  OD is at 1 3/4". 

Ask really nicely availability on the number. Sometimes they are surprised and say they'll have it tomorrow. Good luck.

1535294132072.jpg

I have learned that replacing everything on my 240z takes special fabrication, knowing someone that can help, and luck! ? so thank you once again ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Banzai Motorworks supplied the wiper motor sub harness grommets, as well as lots of other reproduction goodies,  to Nissan for use on their  program cars way back when. They, Banzai, were one of only 2 aftermarket sources Nissan called upon to provide reproduction parts for that program.

• Like 1