IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

Got the rear quarter windows cleaned up and installed.  Also have the rear panel finisher temporarily installed with some small screws (Yes, I think that is my finger).  Waiting for my small rivets to come in.  Started work on the front firewall as well.  It's starting to look like a car.  Will probably get going on the doors next.

DSCF7809.JPG

DSCF7811.JPG

DSCF7814.JPG

DSCF7821.JPG

DSCF7824.JPG

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Rich.....I don’t know what you charge, but I’m sure it isn’t enough!!!!!    Very, very nice.

I agree. Motorman ought to raise his rates.... AFTER he gets done with this car!  <grin>

• Haha 1

Made some more progress this week.  Got the soundproofing in on the doors, firewall and the front floors.  I used the Noico mat because I like the weight and flex of the material.  It makes a huge difference in the interior sound level when the car is running.  I also like the feel and sound of the doors when they close with the Noico mat.  Without the mat, the doors have that tinny 'tink' sound when you open and close them (drives me up the wall).  With the Noico mat installed, the sound is like a modern car.  You get the solid, deep 'thunk' when you close the door.  On my yellow Z, I have the mat in the drivers door and nothing in the passenger door just for demo purposes.  People are pretty amazed at the the difference in sound.
   Started the heater and fan install, got the shifter installed along with a new rubber boot.  Also got the handbrake installed.  Cleaned and installed the speedo cable and then disassembled the seats.  That was a task.  The lower bolts were rusted in pretty good and I had to drill the head off of three of them.  After that, used the vise grips to thread the 'headless' flat head' screw out the far side of the fitting.  The rear frame of the seat was pretty corroded, so I will drop that off at the powder coater tomorrow along with the stock rims that I picked up last week.  I removed the old interior vinyl around the door pillars and roof headliner.  All the new vinyl is in along with the seat foam and vinyl.  I was tempted to install the headliner today, but will wait till I am a little bit farther along.  The snow white interior will probably pick up marks pretty easy so I will definitely be careful with it.  Here are a few pics.. 

DSCF7833.JPG

DSCF7835.JPG

DSCF7836.JPG

DSCF7837.JPG

DSCF7839.JPG

DSCF7842.JPG

DSCF7843.JPG

• Like 2

Got the radiator re-cored with a heavy duty 3-row core.  Installed radiator, fan clutch and fan.  Also cleaned up fuel pump and installed that.  I am picking up the hatch tomorrow, so figured I would put in the hatch weather stripping.  My favorite part of dointg the weather stripping is peeling the glue off of my fingers afterwards....very entertaining.  Ordered the engine compartment braided hoses from Jay at jdm-car-parts.com.  Those should arrive in the next day or two.  Also cleaned up the electrical harness.  Will install that once I get the new harness firewall boot.

DSCF7853.JPG

DSCF7856.JPG

DSCF7857.JPG

DSCF7862.JPG

DSCF7866.JPG

• Like 4

Got the electrical harness cleaned up and replaced most of the connectors.  Got the new elec harness firewall boot on.  You will never guess how I got the boot on (there is a hint in the picture).  All those large connectors have to fit through that 1 inch diameter hole.  You can't slide it over from the opposite side because there is a very large connector near the voltage regulator.  Will post details on that tomorrow. Car is a bit dusty in the pics.

Got the vent air ducts and braided hoses in from Jay at jdm-car-parts.com.  They look awesome as always.  Now to look for some wire clamps on ebay.   Got the heater housing cleaned and painted and installed that along with the fan.  Also got the bottom seat frame back from the powder coater.  Will post pics of those later.  

DSCF7870.JPG

DSCF7871.JPG

DSCF7873.JPG

DSCF7874.JPG

DSCF7875.JPG

DSCF7878.JPG

DSCF7879.JPG

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

Got the electrical harness cleaned up and replaced most of the connectors.  Got the new elec harness firewall boot on.  You will never guess how I got the boot on (there is a hint in the picture).  All those large connectors have to fit through that 1 inch diameter hole.  You can't slide it over from the opposite side because there is a very large connector near the voltage regulator.  Will post details on that tomorrow. Car is a bit dusty in the pics.

Got the vent air ducts and braided hoses in from Jay at jdm-car-parts.com.  They look awesome as always.  Now to look for some wire clamps on ebay.   Got the heater housing cleaned and painted and installed that along with the fan.  Also got the bottom seat frame back from the powder coater.  Will post pics of those later.  

DSCF7870.JPG

DSCF7871.JPG

DSCF7873.JPG

DSCF7874.JPG

DSCF7875.JPG

DSCF7878.JPG

DSCF7879.JPG

You cut the rubber boot half way and slid it over the wire harness?

Edited by hiyabrad