IGNORED

Till death do us Datsun

gundee

I often wondered if my wife was into my cars would things be better or worse. I could easily see the pros and cons either way. 

We love to garage sale together but sometimes she drives me nuts!  I never get my money back when she needs a loan is the worst!

13 hours ago, JSM said:

I often wondered if my wife was into my cars would things be better or worse. I could easily see the pros and cons either way. 

My Mom fell in love with my Dad's car then married him, had me and divorced when I was 3.  So I'd have to go with worse for my situation. LOL

• Like 1

My wife is a psychologist, so she understands odd behavior and tolerates my interest in old quirky cars.  When we got married, she had a Honda Civic.  I had a Porsche and she decided a Porsche would be more fun for her, too.  So the Honda was sold.  The sickness is catching.. 

We're about to head out on a road trip up the California coast in her Infiniti G37 Convertible that I lovingly refer to as the New Datsun 2+2 Convertible.  And so it's been for over 30 years.

Dennis

• Like 3

8 hours ago, psdenno said:

We're about to head out on a road trip up the California coast in her Infiniti G37 Convertible..

I was moments away from buying my wife a used 2015 g37. We rented one on Turo for a week and she loved it. I think all said and done it was 25k or so. Then she got practical and went, for the same price we can get a new Camry. We looked at one and so she got it. Now a g37 goes by and she’s like I should have got the g37!

Oh well, at least we don’t have to fill up with premium. 

Edited by JSM

21 minutes ago, JSM said:

Oh well, at least we don’t have to fill up with premium. 

Hate to rain on your parade, but a G37 runs quite nicely on regular unleaded. :facepalm:

We bought a Camry, years ago, when our son was born and the baby car seat didn't fit in her Porsche..  It was a very nice car - just had too many doors.

Dennis

@Lumens

Courtney Cutchen (from the Hagerty article above) is a member on this forum. She and I exchanged several PM regarding her need for carb linkage parts for her Z a year or so ago.

Nice article, and yes she is a real nice lady with a passion for Z cars. Dustin is a lucky fellow indeed.

• Like 3