IGNORED

Seafoam question

siteunseen

Cliff,
See link for the best fuel preservative on the market (Called Pri-G) I’ve used this with great success. I’ve been putting it in my Dodge Viper for several years and it preserves the gas better and longer than sta-bil. One bottle is good for 256 gallons. $28 on Amazon.

PRI-G Fuel Stabilizer PRI-G-16-A, 16 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXY97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qjdjBbHMBXCTQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you rebuilt your engines not sooo long ago and you don't drive them as much, I wouldn't think that seafoam would do anything for you unless you have a mosquito problem around the house.  I agree with Marvel Mystery Oil to get rid of any sludge you might have? (I've used it before) and the fuel stabilization just because it makes sense.  Personally, I heard good and bad about Seafoam.  Good from the autoparts guy trying to sell it to me and bad from Yahoo's on Youtube fouling their neighborhoods.  Since I've never had the reason/opportunity to use it,  you should file my opinion accordingly....

I think it was Sunoco that has a great article on fuel shelf life.  Their fuel with 10% ethanol has about a 3 month shelf life. If you want to extend it, their fuel with no ethanol has a long shelf life (6 months IIRC).  Their racing fuel has about a year but that is leaded off road only.

Edited by 87mj

Thanks for all the replies gentleman! 

I run 87 octane with 10% ethanol normally. So me thinking is if I get them out once every 3 or 4 months and put 5 gallons of 93 octane that should keep the fuel "alive". Definitely going to put some MMO in with the next oil change,  I read some good stuff on that this morning. It's so dad gum hot down here driving them is torture right now. I guess I'm just mad and bumping my gums but I've driven the 240 3 times this year and a big 0 for the 280. Like girls and everything else I get bored pretty quick. This forum has kept me interested and involved in Zs longer than most hobbies I've run through. Maybe Mike could build a forum for females and their difficulties, vice versa too girls. LOL

24 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

@siteunseen Which one are you driving to Z Con?

Which ever one I can lock up. The 280 I have to crawl through the hatch but it locks up tight. 240 I'd have to sleep in LOL. The rods need bending I think, from all I've read. Or I could bring my Lab-Pit mix. He'd open the doors though to get out and roll over to get his balls scratched. 

I may get a room for me and the dog. If so it'll be the rougher interior 280. He's not allowed in my Camry or the 240. So most likely the 280, long story short answer. Budweiser!!!