IGNORED

Carcapsule

JSM

yea the humidity is still going to be a problem. I have a car parked out in one of those HF portable garages, keeps the leaves off, and the UV damage away but it gets VERY hot inside. I can see how moving air would help with the heat, but maybe the hot may actually be better, I doubt any water can condense out considering how hot it gets. Too bad there is not a cheap way to dry the air that gets pumped in.

I bought a gun safe dehumidifier for the inside of my 240Z.  Works very well.  For some reason my 280 seals up a lot better and has never gotten the light moldy looking spots on the door cards.  They are inside though but might be of use to your situation?  Walmart,  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Mini-Dehumidifier/15729968

Image result for gun safe dehumidifier at walmart

4 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I bought a gun safe dehumidifier for the inside of my 240Z.  Works very well.  For some reason my 280 seals up a lot better and has never gotten the light moldy looking spots on the door cards.  They are inside though but might be of use to your situation?  Walmart,  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-Mini-Dehumidifier/15729968

Image result for gun safe dehumidifier at walmart

I’m going to have to try that. I’ve been using the disposable damprid canisters. 

I was thinking of running a dehumidifier in my garage, but the second I open the overhead and the backdoor forget it. Maybe just run it overnight and off in the day. 

I turn mine on first thing in the morning, my big dehumidifier, that's when it's the highest in my garage.  Then I have a timer set to come on every four hours and run for an hour when it's really humid.  The biggest help for me was to stuff towels on the top of my garage doors.  That's where my outside entry was coming from, and my dogs flap door which I keep adjusted now so it hits and sticks to the magnetic strip on the bottom.  I'm learning!

I think I'm going to get this:

http://mdmshelters.com/docs/carpocket_assembly.pdf

It zips fully up and is large enough that I can build a cheap PVC structure to hold It up better. I'll run my fullsize dehumidifier inside.  Customer service said that the zipper may leak, so I'd I have to be careful with how I position it.  The rest of it she said is waterproof.

6 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Any bag will blow around and scuff the paint outside. 

If you could use polyethylene vapour barrier  and find an iron to melt it shut then install a vacuum port to a shopvac on a timer .... now your talking.

Yup I was thinking the same thing on the vacuum bag. 

My car is a primer queen at the moment.  Not worried about paint to much. My issue is water, leaves, and all the other crap that gets into every crack and crevice. I can wash my daily and 10min later something has landed on it. I’ve got a lot of oaks around. 

Edited by JSM