IGNORED

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

grannyknot

She's road worthy!  Just took it out for an illegal run up my back road and it was beautiful. I had forgotten how nice a stock car is, so tomorrow I need to tweak the wheel alignment on the front and torque down the control arm bolts.  I was hoping the rear end was going to sink a bit more and that 2 mile drive did the trick.

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

• Like 3

Sad to say that I could not find it anywhere on my car.  I searched under the passenger and drivers side dash and around the tail light area with not even a hint. I even looked for it on a photo from a 78' I did last summer,  granted it was missing parts to begin with.  The screws and patina look correct, but I have no recollection or idea where its would go. Sorry...

Firewall with Evaporater.JPG

Edited by gwri8
added photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My guess would be a bracket that helps hold the passenger side finisher panel in place right above the passengers knees. Bolts to the bottom lip of the dash right below the glove box and the plastic finisher panel clips into it. That finisher panel is then screwed into place with a screw on each end for the final lock.

I did not crawl inside my car to verify...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

My guess would be a bracket that helps hold the passenger side finisher panel in place right above the passengers knees. Bolts to the bottom lip of the dash right below the glove box and the plastic finisher panel clips into it. That finisher panel is then screwed into place with a screw on each end for the final lock.

I did not crawl inside my car to verify...

You must be in management CO,  you made me crawl! ?.   Note to self, Don't eat pasta and then get under the dash.....

IMG_0372 2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1