IGNORED

280Z Running Rich - Fouling Plugs - HELP!!

Jdizz07

Hi All, 

After getting my 280Z running after a fresh rebuild, I have fixed the smokey burnt oil from a valve seat , however it is still running ultra rich. To the point where after a new set of spark plugs it sounds great, then after 3 minutes of running they look like the photo below. 

What are some of the ways I can Lean out the mixture to get her running spot on???

Hopefully the video link below will give you guys an idea of the engine condition etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JD

Spark Plug.jpeg

Spark Plug 1.jpeg

Sounds great. 

Even if you find that the connections are right, measure resistance at the ECU connector to confirm proper function.  Compare the values to the temperature chart in the FSM, or CO's chart which is on the site somewhere.  And clean all of the connections in the harness.  There are two bullet connectors along the fuel rail that could be corroded.

Another fairly common, difficult to diagnose, problem is a hole in the FPR diaphragm.  remove the vacuum line to the FPR and see if it has raw fuel in it.  It should be dry.