IGNORED

Misfiring while cruising

5 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

How many seconds shoulf you leave the choke on when warming up in the garage?

As I recall, you're starting it on half choke now. You only need enough choke to keep it idling smooth. When it's idling you can blip the throttle to check the engine response. If the mixture is too lean (cold engine, not enough choke) the engine will stumble a bit before picking up revs.

How many seconds shoulf you leave the choke on when warming up in the garage?

It’s not static. My cold start procedure is near full choke until motor tries to fire then back it off until it starts. Then back off the choke until I get steady idle around 1200 rpm. I let it run and continue to back off the choke until it will idle without choke.

It won’t need choke after that for the rest of the day.

72 body with 71 interior, Eibach, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Zstory, SUs, BRE Libre wheels and front spoiler.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today's update:

Drove my car on light sunday traffic. Parked and let the engine run at idle for 10 mins with the hood opened. Step on the car and started accelerating. Car misfired a couple of times so when i got home i pulled plugs 3 and 4 and found them black. Is this normal? This is what happens when the car is sitting on traffic at idle.

20180923_114009.jpg

20180923_113600.jpg

20180923_103557.jpg

Mark,

I already did the cylinder compression test and as shown the results were fine. The distributor is set to 14 degrees btdc. What else should i check. Maybe the black fouling on spark plug 4 and 4  is attributable to the camshaft as its not the stock camshaft but a Schneider 274f. Where else shall i check?