Engine won't start - Page 3 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine won't start

Featured Replies

  • Author

I’ve been driving with the choke open, since it dies when I close it..

 

240260280, and everyone, I can’t thank you enough. 

Edited by MinimumSafe

12 minutes ago, MinimumSafe said:

I’ve been driving with the choke open, since it dies when I close it..

 

240260280, and everyone, I can’t thank you enough. 

Your likely going to eventually fowl the plugs and not be able to likely get it started. In your warm climate you should be able to start the car on 1/4 choke, let it warm for a minute and push it back in closed. 

 

  • Author

Guess I got some more problems to look at, as it shuts down in the closed. Thank you!

Try to find a local experienced SU carb mechanic.  Check with local British or Datsun car clubs to find one.  They will get you going fast.  Don't take it to a service station or dealer as it will be a waste of money.  You need to find a mechanic with experience in SU carbs. Most car clubs know where they are.

11 hours ago, JSM said:

Your likely going to eventually fowl the plugs

Yeah, don't be chicken about reaching out for someone local with experience.

If I were closer, I'd be happy to help.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

You in So-Cal? or Northern Cali? Im in SF Bay, might be able to help you out. 

Where are you located? I live in the Ventura area and will be in Menifee this weekend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.