IGNORED

wiper refills

BadDog

• 11 years later...
Motorsport Auto Page 93 of current catalog, Item #12-4450, Price as shown $10.99

Probably also available at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, Texas

Now many years later and OEM refills are NLA from Courtesy or Motoersport. Is there some other supplier of wiper refills that work with the OEM wiper assembly (1977-78) e.g. Trico, Precision, Bosch? If so, what is the right model??? I think the length is 450mm or 18 inches.

Buy generic replacement blade assemblies at your local auto store, strip out the rubber and insert it into your metal blade frame. Toss the unused frame into your recycle bin or bag. Easy peasy!

Great idea. It looks like the OEM takes an 18 inch/450mm long wiper refill with an 8mm base.

Can anyone confirm those dimensions? (for 77 280z).

• 2 weeks later...
Buy generic replacement blade assemblies at your local auto store, strip out the rubber and insert it into your metal blade frame. Toss the unused frame into your recycle bin or bag. Easy peasy!

Good idea. One question though. The Nissan rubber has rubber stops at both ends that prevent the rubber from sliding out.

How would rubber from the generic replacement assembly be held in so that it won't slip out? I don't want any chance of scratching my new NOS windshield.

Thanks

Thanks jfa.

So either get generic blade and strip out or buy a generic refill. I see that Trico and Anco offer many types of 18 inch refills with the small metal spring clip. For Trico and Anco, does anyone know which version of the the refills they offer work best with our OEM frames ie. fit on the frame and giving a good wipe on our curved windshields???

I guess that I could just buy them and try until I find the best one (not too expensive to experiment) but if someone already has the answer then I would appreciate their insight!