IGNORED

New '75 280z owner checking in

Neb

7 minutes ago, Redwing said:

Oh, too being a 1 owner car from Scottsdale helps in her beauty and wear!

Well that is a great find.  I've only been up close to 4 Z's.. and all of them looked every bit of the 40+yrs they had on them.  Rust seems like a major issue.  But apparently not with a one owner AZ car, :D Congrats!

Hope the bumper thing works out.  I'll let you know if anything else around here pops up.  I've got my lightweight MSA bumper on order for the rear.  No idea how to handle the front yet..

Nice find!  There's lot's of folks here that like to help so you've come to the right forum. Like mentioned before, we (I) love pictures.  Cars this old probably had so much shoddy PO work like mine that photos can give valuable hints on what was altered.  So, Welcome to your new disease!

3 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Nice find!  There's lot's of folks here that like to help so you've come to the right forum. Like mentioned before, we (I) love pictures.  Cars this old probably had so much shoddy PO work like mine that photos can give valuable hints on what was altered.  So, Welcome to your new disease!

You may be opening pandora's box with that one; I've got plenty of questions.  Great looking car btw!

Sadly I don't have many good pictures yet.  My z is very much in progress. 

IMG_20180315_185335.jpg

9 hours ago, Neb said:

I am absolutely still learning what will fit what with these cars, so I don't feel qualified to answer that one haha.  BUT I did come across some info when bumper shopping on MSA.  If you read through their product description, it sounds like there are differences between the 75-76 and the later 280z.  Maybe give them a call?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02n01/32-2068

I went through a similar situation trying different things. Ended up with fibreglas bumpers from msa and the air dam.

8 hours ago, EuroDat said:

I went through a similar situation trying different things. Ended up with fibreglas bumpers from msa and the air dam.

That is a ton of great info.  I will definitely dig into it more when I get around to piecing together the front end.  I really like bumper/air dam combo you ended up with, looks great and very clean

13 hours ago, Neb said:

You may be opening pandora's box with that one; I've got plenty of questions. 

I think, and I'm sure many will back me up here,  that if you bought an old sports car to work on,  you have actually bought Pandora's box in disguise.  Just don't get discouraged and Enjoy it! :)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

if you don't want that plastic snorkel let me know I have been looking for one. need the clamp/rubber that holds it as well.

I had to source an airbox from ebay.. sadly it didn't come with any sort of snorkel

1 hour ago, gwri8 said:

I think, and I'm sure many will back me up here,  that if you bought an old sports car to work on,  you have actually bought Pandora's box in disguise.  Just don't get discouraged and Enjoy it! :)

it has begun..