IGNORED

Cleaned pistons and other parts

7 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I wouldn't put that spray bar back in. I'd spring for one of the newer designs.

Even if it looks good today, it's just a matter of time before that first design bar falls into the valve train.

It is re-soldered, holes enlarged, and ends zinc plated (experiment).  It is in great shape however,  I'll take your advice and get a newer one..... just because it is you :)

I was wondering what the shiny stuff was. I'm less worried about the adhesion to the tubes. I'm more worried about the adhesion to the aluminum blocks. You can solder to aluminum, but it's really finicky. (and I've never tried)

2 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

just because it is you

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll wear it with pride!  :)   Those old bars are just not worth the risk.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Those old bars are just not worth the risk.

@Captain Obvious  I have the same one in my 240z.. were can i get or see the better one?  With my last service (valve clearance check) these tubes were OK.  Should i replace it? 

(When i'm ready with my 280zx this 240z get a restauration or is sold i'm still not shure what it will be..)

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

were can i get or see the better one?  With my last service (valve clearance check) these tubes were OK.  Should i replace it? 

Here's a couple pics of Nissan's newer design spray bar. The distribution blocks are made completely differently and are made out of steel. The whole thing is brazed together instead of trying to solder to aluminum. So I don't know when the new design went into effect, but I think it was 75 or 76. And as for finding one, I see them on ebay frequently, although I didn't check today....

From that old spray bar thread, a couple pics of the new design:

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 240260280 said:

2.jpg

I don't know why it bothered me but it did.  Isn't your second ring on upside down?  I tried to find some pictures but so far I've just found a video on the Hastings web site. What happened to good old line drawings, everything has to be a video.  Who knows maybe she's putting it on upside down or you're not using Hastings.  Anyway....

https://www.hastingspistonrings.com/tech-tips-faqs/installation-of-compression-rings

image.png