IGNORED

Gas Monkey Garage 280z 2+2 on eBay .. now @ 40k

JSM

Just to tie the threads together.  Will be interesting to see what the reserve is, although, based on the $80K number they talked about in the show, it probably won't hit it.

Surprisingly little about the "gas" part.  No engine pictures or HP numbers or road numbers or, really, any performance data at all.  Just shiny green.  Makes you wonder if it even runs well.  At least the auction ends after the 2nd part of the two-part show.  

that was a very nice survivor I really wish they could have worked their magic on something a little more f'd up. Based on the bidding I can see how it clearly has more value in its present state though. Had a 2+2 green 260 back in the day new, it was nice to see one that looked so much like it.

hmmm does that turbo look too close to the brake master? Don't those get VERY hot? if so I would be concerned about heat from it effecting the brakes. I wonder how liability works out on custom made cars that are then sold to a customer. I can see if you customize something yourself, but doing it as a business and then selling seems risky. I think the ZX cars had a heat shield installed to protect the brake master, don't know if that was a turbo car or all ZX's.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:07 AM, Zed Head said:

I was thinking about moving to Oklahoma.  Now, not so much.  Say it ain't so :blush:

You'd fit right in with the 405 crowd if you'd get some tube socks and a Beatnik hairstyle and start screaming. LOL

Farmtruck and Doc are the only ones that aren't full of s h i t.

Does anybody else think Farmtruck and AZN might be gay?  Not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot about this.  Maybe they'll start it up and drive it tonight.

It's at $46,300 now.  3 more days.  I notice that Aaron Kaufman is still front and center on the page, even though he's not with the garage and didn't work on this car.  Don't these guys know that we're all multimedia now?  We can't be fooled.

If the company is an LLC and has little money in the company, you can only sue for the company assets. Which many times is next to nothing...

They shutter the company and start up under a new name. Happens every day.

The assets of both of these guys are probably a pretty interesting collection of parts and old cars.  They'd stop scamming people too.  Win-win-win.

I haven't heard much about URGELIS lately though.  Maybe he's straightened up.  He used to pop up on various web sites every few months, it seemed.  Maybe he just sells good parts for high prices now.  

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I haven't heard much about URGELIS lately though.  Maybe he's straightened up.  He used to pop up on various web sites every few months, it seemed.  Maybe he just sells good parts for high prices now.  

One can only hope!