IGNORED

Body shop didn't order bumper ends, 1976 280

Redwing

Have you guys checked zcarsource? Looks like they have some but at a high price. I don't recall which one she needs but if the insurance company is taking care of it then it may not matter right?

NEVERMIND!! Sorry, they don't have it. I called them.

Edited by rcb280z
  • Like 1

Thanks, I called them too.

Anyone, I saw way back before I was having this problem, that some metal pieces were advertised to go on attached to the car instead of these rubber ones.  Now I can't locate the source I'd  saved.  Would anyone have any idea what these are called, or better yet where they can be found?  I need something to look decent in those spots.

Thanks much,

Jai

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

Thanks, I called them too.

Anyone, I saw way back before I was having this problem, that some metal pieces were advertised to go on attached to the car instead of these rubber ones.  Now I can't locate the source I'd  saved.  Would anyone have any idea what these are called, or better yet where they can be found?  I need something to look decent in those spots.

Thanks much,

Jai

These?

https://zcardepot.com/front-bumper-delete-plate-set-240z-260z-280z.html

Looks like the exact same thing here too,

https://skillard.com/products/280z-front-bumper-delete-plates

Edited by siteunseen

Just now, siteunseen said:

YES!  Exactly. 

Ok, so now wondering how a black powder coated set would look in the recesses on both sides of the car?  Sitting just behind the bumper.  Who knows how long if ever  can I find the right side rubber bumper end.  The empty recesses look awful, so thinking these might just do the trick.  

The black powder coated ones are in the 2nd url.  There is a video showing how they are installed.  I think this might work for me.

There is a reflection in the bumper photo, nothing but chrome actually.

Thanks Cliff.

Jai

20180326_143606.jpg

Maybe the rubber guy, nix240z, could look at making some.  Make a mold, pour around some bracketry.  It's a lot of rubber but there's not much to it.  It just sits there.

The're almost all rotten or sagging.  Big market if they were priced right.

@nix240z

• Like 1

Just now, siteunseen said:

I'd try and make some as close as you can out of cardboard.  Paint them black and step back and look.  Or find a black shoe box? 

Good idea Cliff.  Bigger than a shoebox tho.  Hahaha...

Thanks...

1 minute ago, Mike W said:

Did you ever get anything back from Oliver at Z Specialties or Charlie at Zedd Findings?

Mike.

I've been in contact with Oliver. He hasn't found the box that he thinks has the bumper piece that Jai is looking for but says he will keep looking.

12 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I'd try and make some as close as you can out of cardboard.  Paint them black and step back and look.  Or find a black shoe box? 

Thinking about getting my neighbor Michael, the painter at the body shop, to paint them red matching the car.  That would probably look better.  Think?  Lumens sent me a contact that I'm going to reach out to once it is local awake time for him.  Maybe he will have the right side bumper end. 

Let you all know later.

Jai

• Like 1