IGNORED

DIY Home Built Vapor Blasting/ Honing Cabinet , wetblasting

duffymahoney

• 9 months later...
Just now, grannyknot said:

Duffy, I took your advice and added a lot more air pressure, as you said, air pressure is everything, blasting now at 120psi.  Also got rid of the circulation pump and put my old pool pump into service, works great.

I will never sell your design?

IMG_0076.JPG

I don’t care if you sell it. I’m now using a small trash can with the pump in it and I have the pressure out line split recirculating. 

On 10/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, duffymahoney said:

I got a new gun/ nozzle system.  I accidentally bought two so if anyone wants one let me know.  Hose is now 3/4 for the slurry pump, air is 5/8. So much much bigger.  Hopefully moves a lot more slurry.   Also the nozzle tip can be changed out.  It can be 4,5,6,8,10, 12 and 14mm.  

I found the nozzle by doing some youtube stalking of vapor honing stuff.  I kind of feel bad about it.  

IMG_4022.jpg

Quick question regarding the barb sizes here.  I found this blasting gun but I am confused about the air and media fitting sizes you are using.  You said you used a 3/4" hose for the media but it looks like the gun has a 3/8 NPT fitting.  Looking at the pics it looks like you are using a 3/8 NPT to 1/2" barb.  Air appears to be 5/16".  Mind clarifying please?  I'd like to duplicate your system since it produces wonderful results.

I have the unit at a local car shop, I get to use it whenever I want, they have a giant giant compressor.  They use it.  So I don't know the exact sizes.  

I would buy the nozzle, then fit as big of a media line as you can. I think the media line is 5/8 or 3/4.  But I can't remember.  I did a lot of changes to the design as I went along.  

• 5 months later...

I have been working on some news mods for my rig. I also brought it home for the first time. It’s been at a buddy’s auto shop for a long time. 

Mainly fresh water rinse and a access door that isn’t also the viewing. I got some new tempered glass and a stainless stand for it. Rinse is super important to keep media in the cabinet. 

The pump comes stock with a odd 45 degree elbow, which makes it’s hard to fit in a container, so I got a new straight one off their webpage  

85800DF8-CE7B-4E77-8B6B-E04AB5476CB9.jpeg

DCA7B581-6893-4D09-9F8B-A5AE5944597A.jpeg

0E7AD435-5052-4DB0-AECD-0AB331EFD8F5.jpeg

29B89581-6940-4216-B3AD-6AA0CE1B6A07.jpeg