IGNORED

I hate Chinese "Metal"

55 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Got to do your own brake work, so many thieves.

Not my favorite task fpr a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but it's probably saved me $5k over the life of the '06 daily driver that I've owned since new.  And I get to choose the rotors and pads.

That article fits the theme.  It has some "stuff" in it that the author seems to have made up, and is irrelevant.  Discs aren't painted or coated.  I think that somebody just made up the term "black steel".  It doesn't appear to be a real thing.  Notice that the guy didn't supply any links to the study or any publications by the "Global Council".  He showed the percentages when it was convenient but left them out to tell the "black steel" story.  Fake news!

Black steel is hot rolled steel that has not gone through the ‘pickling and oiling’ process to remove impurities, scale, and other contaminants. This will prevent paint or anti-corrosion treatment from sticking to the metal, leading to early death by rust.

Still waiting for any proof that those rusty rotors were Made in China.  Labels or it's fake!

Salt water will make any non-stainless steel look like those pictures.

I try and rotate my tires with each oil change.  Blue, is she off at school?

I like the username change, when it's important I call him P......

When it's a forum question,  240260280.  When I'm kidding around, Blue. LOL

Cliff, siteunseen,  soon to be KliphhasaZ.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

I was relating the two sets of non-facts.  The unknown rusty rotors and the pads of unknown origin, supposed to be made of mystery metal, called "black steel".  Connecting the two things that aren't really connected to anything else.  They float alone.  Together.

• 4 months later...

Beware Chinese crap listed under another country of origin:

Most goods subject to antidumping and countervailing duties AD/CVD orders are from China, and fraudsters in Southeast Asia have developed a cottage industry for diverting and fraudulently claiming the country of origin of Chinese AD/CVD subject goods. The U.S. Department of Justice and European Union Anti-Fraud Office have investigated and identified widespread transshipping schemes operating semi-openly in China and Southeast Asia.  Companies posing as “logistics” companies in China have openly advertised and solicited Western purchasers by proclaiming that they can utilize transshipping fraud through Southeast Asia to import goods without the need to pay AD/CV duties. These operations are often headquartered in China, with sham factories in Southeast Asian countries that serve as nothing more than an address to claim as the place of origin for transshipped Chinese goods. The European Anti-Fraud Office has identified Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Vietnam, and Taiwan as major transshipping fraud hubs.  

There have also been recent reports alleging transshipping schemes using Mexico as an intermediary destination for goods traveling from China to the U.S.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I've heard that antibiotics in food can make people xenophobic.

Here are a few more antibiotic side effects to add to tongue in cheek xenophobia......might be time for a self exam.  :D

• Vomiting.
  • Severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
  • Allergic reaction (shortness of breath, hives, swelling of lips, face, or tongue, fainting)
  • Rash.
  • Vaginal itching or discharge.
  • White patches on the tongue.

4 hours ago, 240260280 said:

solicited Western purchasers by proclaiming that they can utilize transshipping fraud through Southeast Asia to import goods without the need to pay AD/CV duties.

You do know that the "Western purchasers" are the companies we buy from right?  The conspiracy to defraud the consumer starts here.