IGNORED

How much would you pay for this?

Slane Jode

If I were to find after looking in person at the first one ( chicago 260) that  the fender well, firewall and the frame weren't severely compromised by rust, would it be worth 1000.00 as a project car?  The hood and doors don't look like they rest right.  I think I heard that was hard to fix or restore, or to stay away from a car like that?  But again I'm pretty green to all this.

The spaces around the doors and hood, all body panels should be equal distance. If they're off a little that could wear but if it's a lot they've probably been off and reinstalled poorly.

Oops didn't read Mark's post, I'm saying the same thing he did.

"Dog in heat delusion" that's funny, never heard that one but I know what you're saying.  You're chasing anything. LOL

Edited by siteunseen

On 12/3/2017 at 3:52 AM, heyitsrama said:

I like new Zs, new Zs seem to really like my Z, they’re always waving! :D

if you want something nice for a daily, consider the e30 platform, their pretty comfy and a fun to drive.

If you want a real head turner consider a mk1 bug eye sprite. IMG_4530.JPG

Why do these cars always look like they are laughing at you?

They are. Because they know they'll need parts and you have to go find them.

For the sprite and for the mk1 Mini Cooper that we work on the parts are so easy and extremely cheap to find, mini mania has everything and anything you need for these guys.

It’s a walk in the park to fix stuff, we do need to get a better tune on the Weber that we have for it, the SU are nice, but it’s not punchy.
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:52 AM, heyitsrama said:

I like new Zs, new Zs seem to really like my Z, they’re always waving! :D

if you want something nice for a daily, consider the e30 platform, their pretty comfy and a fun to drive.

If you want a real head turner consider a mk1 bug eye sprite. IMG_4530.JPG

This one looks like it has had the Lucas electric kit installed ;-)

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

• Like 2

Personally I couldn't daily drive a 240.  I would feel sorry for it. The sheet metal inside the fender and all other nooks and crannies attract dirt. Dampness alone isn't good on them. 

As was already mentioned if you get caught in road salt, you can see rust form along the edges of painted surfaces in a few days( speaking from first hand experience).  If you continue to drive it in road salt, it will be totaled in a few seasons. 

Mine are fair weather cars primarily used for ice cream runs. They don't see rain and the garage is heated in the winter.