IGNORED

intake mainfold to carb spacer gaskets

Mikes Z car

On 26/10/2017 at 7:36 AM, Captain Obvious said:

72 does that. That's the only year that pushes coolant from intake manifold into the carbs.

Good luck and here's to hoping the fix was as easy as a couple new gaskets!

I removed this inline intake manifold and place some brass nuts at the ends of bothe carbs. Does this have any effect on then performance of the car once started? I live on a tropical weather country were no heater is needed.

1 hour ago, tzagi1 said:

PS, leave the water system alone, removing it will hurt drivability on warm up and gas millage.

I'm sorry but I disagree. If I lived in a colder climate, maybe but my carbs are cool to the touch after a good drive since I plugged those coolant lines. 

Gas mileage in my situation is I must drive the car to keep the fuel from losing octane.  It's my favorite chore I have, driving my Zs to burn the flat gas.  Life is tough at my house. ROFL

Thank you for taking the time to type in the gasket making information.  I wondered what type of cardboard might work.

siteunseen,

Not knowing a lot about carbs I left the carb water heating hooked up with my only reasoning being that the manufacturer knows more about carbs than I do, though I am willing to do independent thinking too, and to take advice from forum members to possibly remove carb water heating.  I live in a warm Arizona climate.  I should be able to evaluate carb performance in this climate better once I get them reinstalled on the car and have an opportunity to drive the car when it is really hot.  Since I recently relocated, I haven't been here for the hot part of summer yet.   

• Like 1

I ran the factory design for years.  After I rebuilt the motor I read up on what I could delete to simplify the engine bay's looks.

It'll run fine in my opinion with the coolant flowing. I eliminated potential hose failure is all.  Nothing to do with performance. 

Hopefully you'll have it on the road soon. :)

• Like 1