Home Built Z 'Full video build' - Page 43 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Featured Replies

My son chides me for not using a sanding block at times (uneven pressure when you're using your hand - it's not flat...).  I like to start by hand - I can feel debris that will scratch more than the 1500 or 2000 grit under the paper that way.  When I feel debris I immediately wash it away from the paint and paper. Once I've gone over by hand I start using a block for flatness (then I usually give it another quick once over by hand...  OCD).  I cringe a little when I see machine cutting.  Every time I've tried that I end up with deeper scratches than I want and I believe it's because debris gets caught in the grit - but you'll have no way of knowing it until you're buffing.

  • Author

I sanded the whole thing with a foam block. I am the same, that I don't like sanding with your bare hand, as it is uneven.

  • Author

I managed to pick up 3 of them from Zac yesterday to try, so I should hopefully be able to get one of them to work.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I like the GM 10si or 12si alternator upgrade. Cheap and easy to find with 100-120 amps. Internally regulated and lots of power. Minor mounting mod.

 

35 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I like the GM 10si or 12si alternator upgrade. Cheap and easy to find with 100-120 amps. Internally regulated and lots of power. Minor mounting mod.

 

Don't you still need the voltage regulator replacement adapter to go this route?

Not for a 280... and not for others that I am aware.

8 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Cheap and easy to find with 100-120 amps

Isn't that dangerous on the old wiring in our Z's? Just curious.

Edited by rcb280z

9 hours ago, wheee! said:

I like the GM 10si or 12si alternator upgrade. Cheap and easy to find with 100-120 amps. Internally regulated and lots of power. Minor mounting mod.

 

I won't take credit for the 100-120 amp, it was @wheee!. I went with the 60 amp from MSA on my 240Z.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.