Clean convertible 240Z - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Clean convertible 240Z

Featured Replies

I pulled up next to this 1972 240Z last Saturday.  This is probably one of the best looking convertible Z's I have seen.  Most look pretty bad.  This one at least is reasonable.  Anyway, just had to take a pic before the light changed.  I would like to see what the undercarriage support looks like.

DSC_0651.JPG

Lot's of body work going on there....

6 hours ago, motorman7 said:

 I would like to see what the undercarriage support looks like.

 

You can enjoy watching the door gap seams on the car open and close as it navigates over a speed bump at the local 'Cars and Coffee'. :huh:

Edited by DatsunZGuy

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The one I had loads of reinforcement and a small roll gage with lots of gussets. I had a VeloRosa. What i did like about it, is they didn't try and pass it off as a fake Ferrari, but more of a Kit car.  It was one of things I had to buy. I still can't believe I only paid $3600 for it.  Sold it and bought a very nice 4x4 with the profits. 

17 hours ago, Nick0227 said:

My stomach hurts


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Yeeeeeeaaah I'm with you! These 1 off "CONVERSIONS" if you will, seem to take away more than they add. Seems to ruin a beautiful design. At first glance I didn't even know it was a Datsun. I one one in SOCAL years ago and felt the same then. Too bad to ruin such a nice machine.

Even the 370Z roadster looks awkward. Guess I'm a coupe guy.

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

Even the 370Z roadster looks awkward. Guess I'm a coupe guy.

Me 2

ZTherapy used to sell a how to dvd on the convertible Z top. Included where to find materials and rear deck lid. I believe it was from a Triumph model. IIRC.

I have those videos and I have a triumph top in the shop waiting on the right candidate. I like convertibles and if it's done well, I think the aesthetics can work, at least for me...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.