IGNORED

Exciting news: I just got a 240Z race car!

MichaelsVintage

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

I don't car for Type 4

Type 1 is ok but I believe  2 and 3 would be easier to see when lapping traffic. I also like that 2 and 3 are a little different and they have lighter color roofs so the car will be cooler inside

I was wondering about the roof color and its effect on temperature...the only closed car I've driven was a Lotus Cortina with a white roof, so I assume you've tried light and dark and noticed a difference?

33 minutes ago, Lumens said:

Type 3 for sure if it were me.

The type 2 reminds me of this one here.

I would also separate the 2 colors with some white.

trrabric7-05.jpg

Boy, that does look pretty similar...where/when is that picture from?

16 hours ago, MichaelsVintage said:

Boy, that does look pretty similar...where/when is that picture from?

That car runs out of Milwaukee. WI. Photo was from Road America several years ago.

That owner sold the car. The new owner changed it to look like this currently.

I prefer the previous look. Once on the track, I do not think the color, dark or light makes any difference on the temp inside the car.

IMG_20160717_134415.jpg

IMG_20160717_134446.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tallied up the whopping 169 votes I received in the livery poll, and here are the final scores!

Type 1: 73 votes
Type 2: 27 votes
Type 3: 58 votes
Type 4: 11 votes

These are some designs I and various fans came up with in the meantime! If you have any opinions of these or any other ideas, feel free to share!

36531884520_61800282e0_b.jpg

36093899134_233b0109c4_b.jpg

36531884590_09836dbd94_b.jpg

36531884650_f8891c7e48_b.jpg

36093899214_6b5cd3b6ab_b.jpg

36531884760_3fd1f0a4c1_b.jpg

36093899294_daa9d73e85_b.jpg

36531884840_05e5e5dfce_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I always CRINGE when I see " Z & RACE CAR" in the same sentence. Although many club racers have found on track success most of the cars ended up really beat up, crashed, or so modified they could never be street legal again, which is where our cars truly belong.................ON THE OPEN ROAD.........Although I do like a few of the liveries.

13 minutes ago, esmit208 said:

I always CRINGE when I see " Z & RACE CAR" in the same sentence. Although many club racers have found on track success most of the cars ended up really beat up, crashed, or so modified they could never be street legal again, which is where our cars truly belong.................ON THE OPEN ROAD.........Although I do like a few of the liveries.

Oh well! :)

The Z's first race weekend with me is over, and it went great! The car had no issues, it ran great, and I had an absolute blast learning about it! The welded rear was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to learning how to make one work. The road gearing is a bit wider than ideal but very usable, and once I started double-clutching The gearbox worked very well. I surprised a lot of people with the car's pace, including myself! I can't wait to get the car out again as we continue to make improvements.

1 minute ago, MichaelsVintage said:

Oh well! :)

The Z's first race weekend with me is over, and it went great! The car had no issues, it ran great, and I had an absolute blast learning about it! The welded rear was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to learning how to make one work. The road gearing is a bit wider than ideal but very usable, and once I started double-clutching The gearbox worked very well. I surprised a lot of people with the car's pace, including myself! I can't wait to get the car out again as we continue to make improvements.

But that's what it all about.........HAVING A GOOD TIME.......BLOW THEM INTO THE WEEDS!