IGNORED

Those running clear Dorman filters to their SUs

JSM

• 1 month later...

A dumb question... All through this thread I see it stated that 4 PSI is pushing it for a standard carbureted 240Z. Why is MSA selling this

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic17a09/11-3078

as a good replacement for the mechanical fuel pump? This pump is rated at 4 - 7 PSI self regulating. MSA says nothing about needing to regulate this pump or am I missing something??

Get rid of that filter - they are junk. The filter assembly inside comes loose and blocks fuel flow. You won't suspect it because you'll see fuel in the filter . Take it off and see if it is coming apart inside

I ditched it after all. I only applied a small amount of force trying to Remove it and it came completely apart. It's really hard to beat the fram g2 less than $3.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

9 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

A dumb question... All through this thread I see it stated that 4 PSI is pushing it for a standard carbureted 240Z. Why is MSA selling this

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic17a09/11-3078

as a good replacement for the mechanical fuel pump? This pump is rated at 4 - 7 PSI self regulating. MSA says nothing about needing to regulate this pump or am I missing something??

Not a dumb question at all. Add me to the list of people who don't understand why. Some Z owners have used the early Mazda RX7 electric pumps. It reportedly is quite good, inexpensive and much quieter than most. 

I think the reality is if you have a good functioning return line to the tank and good float valves you won't have any issues.  Watching the return straight off the carb return line and at the back of the car, mine only had a nice small trickle using the Airtex E8016S 4.5PSI max, 30GPH pump.