IGNORED

BBQ

Patcon

5 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Wrap them in foil, carefully situate them between the exhaust manifold and the SU's. VOILA!!!  Hot lunch AND a heat shield.

Funny you mentioned that. An Adult Swim cartoon, American Dad, that I watch said something similar on one of their episodes. Don't know if it's true or not but he said 3,000rpm for maybe 10 minutes and the manifold would be 400f for grilling hamburgers if you ever got stranded and needed to cook. LOL

Late 1960's, Towed the dragster with a 57 Chev. 283 c.i. with stock exhaust manifolds that rose up next to the valve covers. Perfect place to heat up big meaty cheesy sandwiches. Other racers wanted to know where we got them. They were dining on cheap, gastric suicidal, hot dogs. Little to no tailgating back then.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Late 1960's, Towed the dragster with a 57 Chev. 283 c.i. with stock exhaust manifolds that rose up next to the valve covers. Perfect place to heat up big meaty cheesy sandwiches. Other racers wanted to know where we got them. They were dining on cheap, gastric suicidal, hot dogs. Little to no tailgating back then.

Holy crap! Why didn't I think about this? I could put the food next to the valve cover between cylinders 3 & 4. That would have blocked the heat coming up to the fuel rail. Not only would I have solved the heat soak problem I was having, I would have had a hot lunch, too!

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...