IGNORED

Photobucket Rant - They SUCK

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing.  I've never liked the Photobucket links because they're usually slow to load.  And sometimes people let their accounts lapse or go dead and the links disappear anyway.  I've always thought it made sense to load them on to the site that you post on.  No offense to all y'all Photobucketeers.

The internet is kind of like a big old tree.  Branches will die and fall off and eventually the whole thing is going to fall over.  Paper books will become like gold.

• Like 1

They will let this fester for a week or two then roll out a $50 a year plan that everyone will jump on and think is a steal. Reverse psych.

If they would have offered that first everyone would have still freaked out and complained. Now they will jump on the $50 plan.

I'm not sure how "short sighted" their management is. Looking at it from their point of view, I'm a waste of space. Sure I look at their ads, and I've even clicked on a couple of their vendors ad links to suppliers, but they surely can't get a lot of real money out of my existence. From their perspective, I'm sure they believe people like me are not bringing in money, but are taking up space.

I suspect if they can weather the current shite-storm of bad press and hostile attitudes, they will be in a better financial position in a year or so.

I can hope that doesn't happen and they change their mind and go back to how it was three weeks ago, but I doubt it.

The problem for me here is I can't edit any of my posts. On HybridZ I was able to go back and update all of my posts. It kind of sucks because I have a couple of "how to" posts here that I would like to update. 

1 hour ago, Derek said:

The problem for me here is I can't edit any of my posts. On HybridZ I was able to go back and update all of my posts. It kind of sucks because I have a couple of "how to" posts here that I would like to update. 

Mike LOVES these kinds of problems.  @Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I think the longer it goes without them changing back, the less likely it is that they ever will. Honestly, I think if they were going back, it would have happened by now.

I wonder if they are publically traded, and what the last two months of stock value look like...

16 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I think the longer it goes without them changing back, the less likely it is that they ever will. Honestly, I think if they were going back, it would have happened by now.

I wonder if they are publically traded, and what the last two months of stock value look like...

I just recently checked their Twitter page and by the looks of it, the insurmountable negative feedback says it all. Perhaps we may give them a few months before the boat sinks as a whole.