IGNORED

Rear bushings

Dave WM

I decided to pass on the press and trying to remove the outers, they really seemed fine (used a spindle pin and compared how much give compare to the new ones, I measured the amount of deflection under a load and could not see any diff). Yes I made sure I loaded the suspension before tightening the inners (clamp style) and outers (spindle pins). I am glad I had good hardware, new nuts on the pins, OE stuff with the crimped in self locking style. I was able to tighten up the 24mm with a big spanner without even having to use ramps. I have not been able to take it out any more aggressive than a ride around the hood, but I can tell a big diff in the bounce test. both the front and the back have much better damping in both compression and rebound, and they seem matched with how they react now. I had some cartridge types that I was going to use for the back but I have to fab up a spacer if I go that route in the future. The top nut on the strut does not locate the care, looks like I need about 1/8" wide by 1/4" deep ring. Every time I tried the cart it shifted off center. I got the carts with out the top strut mount nut, but I did get some off a junker, but I must have missed the spacer (or it was not on the junker). No big, I hope I don't have to go back into the strut in my life time anyway. hopefully this weekend I will get it out on the highway. I think there is a local Z gathering here in Orlando 7/22 that I will try to make. Most of the clubs seem to be on face book, which I do not have, so will have to check that out again.

51 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Sounds great. I'm hoping my suspension work outlasts me as well. Next time I'm down there again, we'll have to go for another cruise!

Sounds like fun, next time no rain and we get out of the loop :)