IGNORED

New wiper blades?

grannyknot

My last Z had good rubber on the wipers so never paid much attention to them, this new car that I'm just about to put on the road doesn't even have old blades to go by, are there ready made blades that will fit these arms or do I have to go to a Z specific store?

Oh, and how long should they be?

Thanks, Chris

DSCN1538.JPGDSCN1539.JPG

Edited by grannyknot

@grannyknot

May not need to be said, but---- that is for 1 blade not a pair.

The part number is good---I've bought several from Courtesy in the last 6 months.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Datsun-Wiper-Blade-Set-240Z-260Z-280Z-1970-1976-NEW-/232342420358?hash=item3618affb86:m:m5yZRsTfaOA4JHMI4hLNfbQ&vxp=mtr

The-z-connexion on E-bay is a solid source if you chose that route.

• 1 year later...

Just looked last night--they're gone there too!

Mike used to have those offered as his "loss leader" and sold them at cost as a customer appreciation item.

Now it seems the only "appreciation" will be the cost of them as the current supply dries up!  :angry:

Yes, even Banzai no longer has them. It's important to remember that Nissan doesn't discontinue an item out of meanness. If an item doesn't sell - those are too expensive, I can get a set of blades from Advanced Auto Parts for half of what Nissan charges - then why should Nissan reorder 10,000 from their supplier? Pure supply and demand.

• Like 1