IGNORED

So I have the original 69,561 mile L24 out of my 71 240Z

It has been stored carefully in my storage building.  Just sitting their. I have the urge to do an engine build, but, not sure I can do anything more interesting than my Datsun spirit L28 I currently have. Eiji's engine has been completely flawless for many miles and a 1000 mile vintage rally and track day or two.  But an E31 L24 is just sitting their. It did not burn any oil and did not smoke ever. It had great compression although I forgot what it was, and was running beautifully when I pulled it.  I will never take my car back to 100% stock, as the L28 power is too addictive.  But I hate for an original Z L24 to go to waste? 

Any ideas what to do with it. 

I have a 83 zx in garage with no title .I sold the mint interior , no rust, has front end damage, complete drive train  there only 22000 miles on it 

I started it 5 years ago last on street 1986. Hope to make Sharp Newman look alike car someday.

If it were me, I would keep the L24 as long as you keep the car. These cars are getting valuable and my recollection of yours is that it is mostly parts swapping from being very original You also seem to think about Alfas more than occasionally. If you sell your 240 the next buyer may really value having the original engine. Clean it up, keep it oiled, and call it art for now.