IGNORED

1969 & up 240Z seat belt tags - Reproduction

240Ziggy

Ziggy,

Your work on the early seat belt tags is great! I recently dismantled the belt buckles for rechrome on my 2/71 early Series II and wanted to add the photos for reference. The belts on my Series II were made in 1/71 and the tags have a different style from the '69 tags. At some point I'd like to have new tags made for my belts that match the original design.

Robert S.

IMAG1278.jpgIMAG1281.jpgIMAG1282.jpgIMAG1283.jpgIMAG1288.jpgIMAG1291.jpgIMAG1292.jpgIMAG1293.jpgIMAG1294.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Classic Zcar Club mobile

35 minutes ago, 240Ziggy said:

EhlersRS, sure i'll need it for my '72 as well. I wonder why they have different stamping Lot No. and that "Y" and "U" on the bottom right side.

Ziggy,

I didn't notice the "Y" and "U" subscripts on my tags until the post of your '72 belt tags.  The "Y" on my tags are on the female end lap belts and the "U" is on the male/receiver end lap belts.  On the remaining shoulder strap tag, I don't see any extra markings.  It also looks like the female lap belts and shoulder strap tags have the same lot number of "2501" and the male/receiver lap belt has a lot number of "0510".  The font and text of your '72 belts looks identical to mine, except your model number has a "B" at the end of the "7001".  I have no idea what the extra letters represent!  If you decide to make new tags for your '72 please let me know. :)

Robert S.

On 5/31/2017 at 3:22 PM, 240Ziggy said:
The tags are ready and they look awesome. 7 available month/year. Please PM me those interested. Thank you for your support.
Here are some photos of the final product.

Tags_year samples_final.jpg

Tag_set_9_1969_final.jpg

Tag_9_1969_final.jpg

Tag_12_1970_final.jpg

Tag_heat sealed_final.jpg

Manny, you have characterized these re-created tags as "awesome" in the result.

As I have just received my order of these tags for my car, I would also add 

that, as I am aware of the definition of the term, they appear to be a "flawless"

re-creation of the original.

For those interested in getting the best products for there coveted cars, this is 

as good as it gets.

Thanks 240Ziggy.

Dan

• Like 2

Manny,

Received the universally acclaimed "perfect" tags yesterday!

Thanks again so much for taking on and delivering such an outstanding recreation of these tags!

Let me know if/when you produce your 72 tags. I would like a set for my 6/73.

Zup

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Second series tags are printed and ready to be stamped. I'm only doing this for my own car and will only be done once. If anyone else is interested please reply here or pm me for your mm/yr and lot #. If you are into concours quality stuff  this is it. I don't think you can buy this anywhere else. 

EhlersRS and Zup, I will pm you, please let know.

Thanks for looking.

Datsun 240Z seatbelt tags_S2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...