IGNORED

A few photos of my clutch/engine gasket replacement!

They keep it kind of hidden in the description. :huh:

Application Note:
For coupe models only. Please call for 2+2 options. 

Installation Note:
Oval performance mufflers should be positioned at an angle for a proper fit on 70-78 Z cars. 

Model Guide:
Datsun 260Z, 280Z 

Code Guide:
Datsun S30 

Year Guide:
1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 

Looks nice....Mine won't tuck up that tight with the piping that came in the kit. And I have to use the offset pipe as the intake and the center pipe as the out pipe to make it fit at all.  Had help breaking it down today and could not make it fit any better than the photo above.

Motorsport told me the center pipe "HAD" to be the intake but when I called the manufacturer of the muffler Xlerator Big Max they said not so!  It is the same blowing either way.  The manufacturer also said the noise I hear could very well be a manufacturer defect.....so I will see if I can isolate the sound and get a video documenting to see if I can get a replacement....If not we will run this one for awhile and then get another....Good times!!!

• Like 1

Sorry it didn't work out for you.  It was a major PITA to tuck it up nicely, many cuss words and beers plus the use of every spare tire jack that I had to hold it in place.  You could run by a muffler shop and see what they'd charge to tweak the muffler.  It shouldn't be much, you've done the hard part already.

The sound makes up for the small stuff, in my opinion. :D

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Sorry it didn't work out for you.  It was a major PITA to tuck it up nicely, many cuss words and beers plus the use of every spare tire jack that I had to hold it in place.

The sound makes up for the small stuff, in my opinion:D

+1!!!

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I had to cut the top hole or two off the rubber on the rear hanger to get it tucked up in there. It wasn't easy either, I cut it with a hacksaw.

same here. mine is very close, but i still plan on taking it to a shop and having them do the final adjustments

• Like 1

Give the exhaust a good shake to see if anything is hitting.

If you push the muffler way up in the open cavity, it looks nice but it gets much louder in the cabin.  A long round muffler would be much better than an offset oval/rectangular one to minimize this.

Here are photos of the muffler tucked in nicely but very loud.

dynomax tip.jpg

Existing4.jpg

hidden dynomax.jpg

• Like 1