valve spring shims - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

valve spring shims

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Pardon the laziness in not having thoroughly searched, but is there a digital version of that parts CD? I have on many occasions wished for a complete listing of Nissan Parts numbers for my car....

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978

Not sure it has everything though.

The one that Steve J referenced is the one that I have.  An invaluable tool when you are looking to find original OEM parts and part numbers.

Mike.

This is what I used in a recent build.

Kameari Valve Spring Shims

Expensive but I spent a lot of time looking and could not find any alternatives for both inner and outer that I was willing to use. With respect to generic shims, seems like I never found inner that were even close. I think I found outer that were close but not close enough where I was willing to use them. If I recall, the generic shims I tried were from McMaster-Carr.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yes!!  The OP referred to them as valve spring shims, but in fact Nissan actually calls them spring seats.  So at least for this thread they are one in the same.

Mike.

  • Author

ok, so i ordered these  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hrs-96230-15/overview/ for shimming the outer valve springs, schneider doesnt give a spec on the inners, so i didnt touch them. i ordered 2 packs of .030 and 2 packs of .015. they worked wonderfully. the inside diameter is a bit bigger than factory, but very close. with these 2 sizes i was able to get my springs within .009 of specs

i still have quite a few if some one needs some

Edited by sweatybetty

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.