IGNORED

78 280z fuel injection conundrum

geekin

• 2 weeks later...

sry guys. havent had the chance to get to it as of yet. have been out of town for work on and off. thinking about tackling it this Saturday if weather permits. im free this weekend so it shouldn't be a problem. will update as soon as possible thanks

• 3 months later...

so revivng the topic. finally was able to work on the car today. wired the pump to a switch and the switch to the wire on the cigarette lighter. pump runs with the switch. car still wont start. now before i started the rewire i ran a wire from the post on the pump to the battery and the car started. is there something else i need to do to bypass the circuit?

12 hours ago, geekin said:

so revivng the topic. finally was able to work on the car today. wired the pump to a switch and the switch to the wire on the cigarette lighter. pump runs with the switch. car still wont start. now before i started the rewire i ran a wire from the post on the pump to the battery and the car started. is there something else i need to do to bypass the circuit?

You probably solved the real problem by trying to solve one that doesn't exist.  You supplied power to the coil through the pump power circuit.  Didn't read back through your thread but you need to take measurements with a meter or use a test light, to know what's happening.