IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

On 4/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, ollie said:

The muffler hanger closest to the diff on the SG one is about 2" too far but I doubled the hangers and its no big deal.

I don't know about your version, but my (old) version of the Spirit Garage system was designed to use the stock horizontal Nissan hangers forward of the diff.

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

I've never had one break. So, how do you hang the muffler then ?

Looks to have 2 strange looking clamp connections.  One on the tailpipe and one on a center area.  

I got my WHP fujitsubo/ to stock manifold adapter.  Now to purge tig weld it.  I bought it tack welded since their welds looks so shotty.  

DrnvFUJITSUBO-2_1701_04.thumb.jpg.a9f7212dd36bf0829c1875fd2ca5672e.jpg

20180420_195611505_iOS.jpg

20180420_195621941_iOS.jpg

Edited by duffymahoney

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

How do mean 'shotty' - dod you have pictures please ?

Body looks very clean under there - nice.

Sean, that’s the fujitsubo pics.  By shortty, he means the little adapter whp sell(not fujitsubo) looks like it was welded by one eyed willy

Edited by Jason240z

Side comment: I was thinking about the issue with the header interfering with the steering and was wondering if anyone has investigated using the Trust GReddy TR NA Ex Header with one of these exhausts. Supposedly it is bolt on with no mods needed on LHD cars.

Whitehead Performance offers it for $648 and recommends the Fujitsubo exhaust for it. I’ve seen people mention pairing with with the Spirit Garage exhaust, but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone actually post pictures of this set up or write up a review.

You can also get it from Revmatch for $623.

If I had to pull the trigger on an exhaust setup right this second without a chance to do any more research, it would be this header paired with a Spirit exhaust, just based on forum comments (bolt on, fits around diff, tucks high, looks period correct, well regarded manufacturers, sounds good, not insanely expensive). I just wish Trust made it in stainless.

I am digging deeper on the full Spirit Garage system, though. If the handful of fitment things mentioned aren’t too onerous and I can find it for less than RHD wants maybe that’s a better choice.

Again, it would be cool if someone who understands this and can be objective put together a sticky post doing a compare and contrast with links and dyno charts off the same car.

Got the new system. Wow is it nice. 

Now time to grind off my stock manifold bolts and drill and tap it. Then I can install this system. 

I ended up getting it from Japan. They were sold out till June, but one was for sale there. I used Streeter Corp to broker the deal and get it here. 

B14E6064-A3EA-48B3-8179-5265319FA107.jpeg

69A64120-3118-4F46-BEF7-12CB73B8FF9C.jpeg

Edited by duffymahoney