IGNORED

L24 Battles Six S20's. Guess who wins?

24 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

I'd never have guessed that, being on the LHside. "Don't abuse it" - are there distribution restrictions ?

Hoover - Show off - wtf is that black thing on thne bonnet ?

Rubber to prop hood/bonnet up and show S20 lurking underneath...comes with toy in box ?

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

@HS30-H

Alan, can you help explain the wheel weight material and adhesion? It certainly looks unique!

image.png

Stick-on lead wheel weights with extra security of duct tape over the top? Pretty standard racer habit, even today.

BS-2 (2).jpg

BS-2 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

Looks naf but practical I guess.

Alan - that black pipe inside the hatch...is it the tank breather pipe ?

Z432R1.jpg

I find this picture very disappointing.  The haphazard alignment and uneven spacing of the holes points to poorly thought out construction and poor craftsmanship.  Sure the body is lighter, and well above the center of gravity where it counts, but is it as strong?  How much chassis flex is attributed to that mess?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

Yes, I suppose I am but why leave that there after drilling so many holes ? Just unbolt the thing ! The hatch is being held up by a broomstick anyway.

Never seen one before - looks like a bonnet prop.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

I find this picture very disappointing.  The haphazard alignment and uneven spacing of the holes points to poorly thought out construction and poor craftsmanship.  Sure the body is lighter, and well above the center of gravity where it counts, but is it as strong?  How much chassis flex is attributed to that mess?

It's not 'construction'. It's deconstruction. Adding lightness. Stress testing and/or torsional rigidity was probably the last thing on the shop boy's mind when his boss told him to get some weight out of the bodyshell. 

All that is - of course - nothing to do with Nissan. It was done by a privateer owner when the car was no longer this years' race car.  And frankly, I've seen worse...

Say Cheese-1.JPG