IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

On 11/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, sweatybetty said:

thats brave, taking that apart

It's about the only way to do a decent paint job.  Too many nooks and crannies otherwise and v. difficult to spray the slats properly because they mask each other.  Reassembly's actually not too hard, other than needing to use care not to scratch your new paint when fitting the slats into the slots in the vertical ribs.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:52 PM, Lumens said:

Its cold and wet here. Put the Z up on jackstands. Installed the new Covercraft fitted car cover.

I'm done for the year. Storage time again. Probably end of April 2018 before its back on the ground.

I realized that I forgot to pull the battery so I had to drive back out to my storage unit. Now its all set till Spring.

20171113_135316.jpg

10 hours ago, siteunseen said:

My garage is so tight I can't believe my one and only driver side is still attached. LOL

Guy doesn't seem to have that problem though. Seeing those cubes of block I'm anxious to hear what's next. :)

Old picture Cliff......there’s 2 Z’s under those blocks now.

6E7F0845-9798-408F-87ED-0980713BFEAB.jpeg

• Like 3

So that was pre construction of the blueprints you put up a year or so ago?  The one that had the "potting room" for your wife? :D

The brick and that power going through the wall on the driver's side of the Safari Gold one makes me think it's an addition to your house or the first garage?  Anyway I see plenty of room for my sleeping bag and I'll just use a 5 gallon bucket for my toilet. ROFL

Just teasing, looks awesome!

16 hours ago, Patcon said:

:blush: I like the passenger side mirror...

Yes, but the Datsun gods didn't make em that way, so it just bugged me. Wasn't functional either.

Mike....I never slept in mine, but many, many times, there was a third passenger riding in the cargo area......but then again, when you are 21, you are immortal!

Site....You are right....added to my first garage, but the County wouldn't let me build the third addition......probably better....can't drive what I've got, and wouldn't want an empty garage!

• Mike pinned and locked this topic