IGNORED

[SOLD] 1971 240Z for Sale. Fresh Restoration.

zKars

7 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Wow that paint looks amazing, can i get some information regarding how the spray was done? I dont have the money to buy ANOTHER Z (or space for that matter :P) but when i go to repaint my car thats what i want to look at :) 

Single stage white paint. I didn't paint it, would have to ask the painter for details. It's more about the underlying body work and priming and sanding than about the top coat. 

And it went for its inaugrial 'toodle" around the block this evening. Other than the lack of muffler, it was un-eventful. No police summoned from mad neighbors, it goes, stops, turns, lights work. 

Midas, here we come in the morning. Good thing its only 1.5 miles away. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

Jim - how did you clean up your sill / kick plates? What did you do to restore them?

G'day Gav,

I used a small non-metallic brush (pictured) with a good degreaser product to get all of the small grooves cleaned out - very tedious process.  Then I fitted the plate to the edge of my workbench with a couple of spare screws to stabilize it and hit it with a polishing wheel and compound (also pictured).  The grooves are hard to polish, a Dremel tool with a soft buffing tip can get in there and finish them.  Screw the stainless screws into a piece of wood or the workbench and hit them with the buffing wheel.  A final wipedown with NverDull or similar product can give a protective coating.

Jim

• Like 2