IGNORED

End of an era for me.

Walter Moore

Kind of odd that the buyback price was so high.  Seems like they might be trying to play the emotional angle and trying to squeeze a few dollars out of the deal.  It will probably go to a wrecking yard for $300, which is how I thought they set their buyback prices.  Or is there a company out there that buys wrecked classics and parts them out or rebuilds them?  There's $4500 worth of part-out there?

3 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Kind of odd that the buyback price was so high.  Seems like they might be trying to play the emotional angle and trying to squeeze a few dollars out of the deal.  It will probably go to a wrecking yard for $300, which is how I thought they set their buyback prices.  Or is there a company out there that buys wrecked classics and parts them out or rebuilds them?  There's $4500 worth of part-out there?

http://www.copart.com/  will get it most likely.

6 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The car has already run on Copart in a sealed bid. I saw it the other day. Hagerty evidently used that to help establish value. I don't know if they pad those numbers or not. I also don't know if it will run again or whether they will offer it to the highest sealed bid. With the car having a reasonably high fair market value I would expect it to bring 30-40% of that so if the car is a $25k car then $6-8k is possible. It will probably bring $4,500 some one will take a shot at fixing it, I would...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Walters car showed back up at Copart after the sealed bid, then disappeared, then showed up again. It finally ran on Oct 4th. It was $4,100 in the prebid which was already too much for me. I didn't watch it run, but I wouldn't be surprised if it reached $4,500 for a sales price. It was a "Pure sale" car, so it sold for whatever the bid was - no reserve. I would have liked to have taken a shot at fixing it since I have pretty much everything I would need to do it, but it was not meant to be...

With buyers fees about 20% plus freight from Indiana to South Carolina it was too much for me. I hope someone fixes it, for that kind of money I think someone will. Keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist, I bet in 3 or 4 months it will show up somewhere...

@Walter Moore

Walter,

Did you watch the auction by chance to see what it went for?