IGNORED

Brisbane Easter Z Car Nationals

260DET

Originally posted by g260

Two members LES260 and BAZ260 came first and second in 260 2+2, as well John Hewit, (the silver 240 in the car park after last weeks club meeting) got second in the standard 240 and another member got third in that class.

Good to see so many awards come to Sydney. I was hoping John took out a place, he deserved it as far as I'm concerned.

I loved the surround on BAZ260. My friend was actually interested in buying one so if someone knows where I can get one please let me know. Pic below.

Cheers

post-3235-14150792610736_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Datto-Zed

Was the RB26 powered car the one from Brisbane tuning and turbo?

Could be, it was a green car. Someone mentioned the power that thing puts out which I have now forgotten but somewhere around 5-600hp?

Yeah that's the one. :)

If I remember the dyno printout in their office read around 550HP.....and that's a chassis dyno. :)

Unfortunatly all that horsepower didn't run off on my car while it was there.....it made 83HP @ wheels. ROFL

:D :D :D

Hey, George,

Your first photo was of a car that I would have called a "Burnt Orange" colour. YUCK.

Yes, the other one is the one mate, had the luvres and a little old lady hovering around all the time I was there 'cause there was a video camera in the back. She was the security patrol. Sure had me scared !!!!!

"Precious" is the same colour but has a top coat of gold pearl. In the shade it just looks Bronze but in the sun it sparkles with Gold.

Remember that white one with the pin striping? Bloke claimed it was totally original, just as it came off the showroom floor ????

One judge I spoke to reckoned it had been resprayed, in which case it couldn't have been "Totally Original" as the pin striping would have had to be redone as well.

Did you detect any sign of a respray ?, I couldn't and I had a bloody good look.

Rick.

Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

Remember that white one with the pin striping? Bloke claimed it was totally original, just as it came off the showroom floor ????

One judge I spoke to reckoned it had been resprayed, in which case it couldn't have been "Totally Original" as the pin striping would have had to be redone as well.

Did you detect any sign of a respray ?, I couldn't and I had a bloody good look.

Rick.

Nothing against the owner but I seriously doubt it. Didn't actually take that close of a look though so I can't judge. I suppose anything is possible though Rick. Here's a pic for those that weren't there.

post-3235-14150792636488_thumb.jpg

George,

You may be interested in this excerpt from the 7/2/03 SMH writeup of the 350Z on its release. As a comparison with the new car they also featured the white car in your pic and its owner;

To own the one car for nearly 30 years requires a certain amount of faith in the product. Bruce Richardson has that faith, in spades.

He possesses one of the most desirable of the Datsun Z cars: the two-seater 260Z, a 1975 model, which he bought in 1976. Since then, he and his wife have driven it 188,000 km, but you wouldn't know from looking at it.

As our pictures of Richardson's car show, it's immaculate, and very original. It still has the original paintwork; according to Richardson, even some of the original light bulbs remain.

A life member of the Z Car Club, he reckons the appeal of the 240Z and 260Z lies with their reliability and practicality; he and his wife have driven the car to Perth with their camping gear in the back.

"Together with the reliability, they are comfortable," says Richardson. "And unlike the British sports cars of the time, such as the Jaguar E-Type and the big Austin-Healeys, they had good ground clearance and good ventilation - our model has big vents in the footwells, a bit like the old Ford Falcons had."

geoff

Yes Geoff, as George said, thanks for the info.

Like I said before, I had a bloody close look but couldn't detect any evidence of a respray. It's a car to envy.

Lachlan,

I understand that the pinstriping and protection moulding was a dealer add on. Been there since day dot.

Actually, I have been considering fitting protection moulding onto "Precious". You know what it's like in parking lots.

Rick.

The Supersprint results will be posted at www.zcarclubq.org.au shortly, the concours results are already there, so I'm told.

Apparently the Sydney club are considering holding the next Nationals, which they will be hosting in two years time, at Gourlburn. What is the name of the track near there and whats it like? A few of us from Queensland are going to make a big effort to be there.:cheeky: