IGNORED

rear disc brake conversion

sweatybetty

sorry for taking so long to give out the details. i will try to keep this short and sweet. my first impression is this

the parts are fine, except for the rebuilt calipers (south of our border) one was missing the parking brake end bracket. that cost me another $5 plus time going to the wrecking yard and finding and pulling it.

everything fits and works.

the vendor not so good

instructions are non-existant

the flex hoses look new, but the date stamp on the is over 20 years old (see pic)

i have no idea what these parts are if i need to replace one of them, what did they come from?

they sent the parts fed-ex, signature required. that would have been nice to know in advance. it ended up costing me another $160 for my wife to stay home to sign for the delivery because of lost work.

FED-EX SUCKS!!!!!!

probably the biggest thing...............after spending $600+, the there wasnt even a thank you for your purchase, just a receipt.

100_1663.JPG

100_1666.JPG

100_1668.JPG

Cliff ....  They can be sent USPS Priority Mail, also much less expensive shipping.  I have purchased numerous items from ZcarDepot, all sent Priority Mail.  Silvermine sends their big brake kits Priority Mail also, rotors in one box, everything else in a second box.

Interesting why Sweaty chose Fedex.

He's doing a free shipping promo for a couple of days, I got the e-mail the other day, .  If you'll call him you might get 10% off too.  That was my "thank you" for buying from him, 10% discount on future purchases.  

Sorry to hear Sweaty Betty's experience with Ryan, he's always been a great vendor in my book.  

2 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Cliff ....  They can be sent USPS Priority Mail, also much less expensive shipping.  I have purchased numerous items from ZcarDepot, all sent Priority Mail.  Silvermine sends their big brake kits Priority Mail also, rotors in one box, everything else in a second box.

Interesting why Sweaty chose Fedex.

it may have been there, but i dont recall having the option. maybe the package was too heavy for the usps. it was just over 70 pounds. i did get front rotors  and a bearing kit as well

Edited by sweatybetty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, I just got this conversion in a week ago, I've got the drum backing platracks cut off, the adapter on, I cant figure out how to route the new brake hose. It looks like you have it wrapped under? Also I'm having a problem with my ebrake bracket, it's too small, is that why you had to source new lines?

i had to get the parking brake brackets at a wrecking yard. they are off some newer nissan. sorry, its been a while.from what i recall, i had to route the flexible brake lines between the brake cable and the bracket as seen in the photo directly above your post. if i remember to, ill take a couple more pics.