IGNORED

Another conundrum -- Rear License Plate Light housing

Namerow

This picture of Z's at port looks like the same slate/charcoal grey for both the tail light finisher and the license plate lamp when you zoom in, I also agree that they look best being the same color.

DATSUNS_ON_PIER_-_NARA_-_542633 - cropped.JPG

Here is the full picture, I don't remember who first posted it but thanks to whoever it was.

DATSUNS_ON_PIER_-_NARA_-_542633.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

This picture of Z's at port looks like the same slate/charcoal grey for both the tail light finisher and the license plate lamp when you zoom in, I also agree that they look best being the same color.

DATSUNS_ON_PIER_-_NARA_-_542633 - cropped.JPG

Here is the full picture, I don't remember who first posted it but thanks to whoever it was.

DATSUNS_ON_PIER_-_NARA_-_542633.jpg

I've never seen this photo before.  Port of Vancouver?

Yellow, white, and orange seem to be the dominant colours, although it's hard to tell how many other Z's might be parked outside of the frame.

Is that actually a pair orange Z's with white interiors parked nose-to-tail in the centre of the frame?

13 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Put your cursor in the pic and hold down S and right click. It should show the origin. I'm using my phone and can't do it now. Classicdatsunparts llc uses this on his page.

Well, it appears that the photo was actually taken in Japan and these are cars that are about to be loaded onto the ship rather than having been parked after off-loading.  Judging from the six cranes, it looks like the vehicles may have been hoisted onboard rather than driven.

I remember somebody noticed the boxes in the hatch were probably the hubcaps.  It doesn't look like the hold down hooks have been installed on the rear bumper brackets yet either.  The different colored sticker in the window probably determines which US port they went to.

Here's my inspiration photo, the reason I went back to graphite instead of black the dealership had done to match the spoiler.  It's the same color as the scallop hubcaps according to Wick Hubble's "How to Restore" book. 

240z spoiler.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

On the question of using LED's for the license plate, I've done it. These bulbs from Superbrite are a direct fit.

2 - 67-CW12-G: Cool White (license Plate)

I agree.  I converted quite a few of the stock bulbs to LEDs, the license plate lamps being one of them.

Got mine from super brite leds .com also.  They are nice and bright white.  Almost too bright, I covered half of the lens with electrical tape to "dim" them.

The brakes and tails are the Sylvania "ZEVO" bulbs, which are great for $20 a pair, and are just as bright if not more than the stockers.