IGNORED

Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals needs show cars and race cars

Hi Chuck, I was just refered to you, I am looking for a list of parts and am hoping you can help! Unfortunately I'm too late to attend the show, but considering the amount of parts you will be showing, I wish I could make it! Since I can't, I thought I'd post the parts I'm looking for here. I will also PM you with the same list :) Hopefully you will get the list :) 

Thanks much,

List Below: Those with **Asterisk most needed.

Hi there I saw your Ad on Classic z car community, Of which I'm a member, and I thought I'd shoot a list of items I'm looking for for my 1972 240z... Lmk if you can assist with finding any of the following parts :)

**1. left front bumper mount (bracket) , rear bumper if the chrome and rubber is good

2. Headlight conversion to brighter more up to date lighting.
3. Full bumper rubbers front and rear bumpers (see photo below, only rear bumper rubbers shown, but also need front rubbers (see below photo)
4. Rear bumper with bumper guards if chrome is in good shape.
**5. a working and in good shape power antenna
6. full surround fan shroud, and fan in good shape.
7. wood steering wheel, and horn mechanism 
8. wood 4 speed shifter, 
9. horn pad and horn mechanism 72 240z
10. choke lever in good shape for a 72.
11. A 3 core aluminum radiator with fan or steel like the photo below
12. Valve cover
13. air cleaner cover (orange) 
**14. Any white interior panels or vinyl including seat covers
**15. Rear deck strut (strong) for holding up rear deck lid
**16. A/C set up New or working R134 conversion to replace my R12
**17. Center caps for Black Pearl wheels or the like. (Any number will do) please see photos below for comparison. 
18. Original z chrome or slotted wheels/ or mesh mags
**19. Original chrome side mirror/mirrors or fender mirrors

20. Left hand interior door pull strap with chrome. 
21. Looking for a set of D hubcaps in decent or great shape, see below photos. 

22. Datsun rear hatch badge in cursive for 72 240z

23. Front Licence plate With 240z plate or something interesting/vintage to that year or Japan/Europe plate to fit inside chrome plate holder. 

24. Japanese or Datsun metal medallions ( not the z emblems, just not sure what they are called? ) 

25. Original decals (need a replacement for my 110 paint) I'd also be interested in other original Datsun decals, as well as those like the ones from the factory? If I remember, one says OK with a check mark, and was put in a corner window once the car was inspected? Anything else like that. 

See #9) I'm also looking for a 3 core fan with fan/fans built in, prefer aluminum, but the set up below will do :) / if not, I need a full fan shroud, new fan. (I currently have a new steel 3 core, but it's not keeping the car cool in the Vegas heat, especially with the A/C running. So I'm open to ideas. 

I hope you can take a look at this list and send me a list of items that you may have with prices and description.

After looking at pictures of your tables there, I see a bunch more of interest, but alas.. To far to travel in time. If there is anything you think might interest me based on wanting to bring my z back to original, but making it interesting, please feel free to send a photo and pricing.

Im very much looking forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you!

Kira

The lil z lady :)

Las Vegas NV 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KiraK

Kira - I just got back from the show and need a little time to go through your list.

The show was great! Friday's weather was very nice and the crowds were bigger than usual. Saturday was mostly rainy but we were busier than any previous Saturdays! And we sold more parts than ever. Lou Santiago stopped by our spot and hung out for a couple hours. He'll be shooting season 5 of Car Fix in a couple weeks. I went over to the FutoFab http://www.futofab.com/ display and spent some time with Dave Patton. He's selling some really cool parts for the Zs and more are on the way! It was a great weekend!

Chuck

IMAG0475.jpg

I just couldn't bring myself to take my car out in that rain. I hid at home in the dry garage instead.

I really wanted to take a good look at some of those second or third revision Miata seats that your bud had for sale there. I've considered putting a pair of those in the Z. I've got Fiero seats in there now and I find them extremely comfortable, but I've always wondered how Miata seats would do.

Couldn't stand the weather.

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I just couldn't bring myself to take my car out in that rain. I hid at home in the dry garage instead.

I really wanted to take a good look at some of those second or third revision Miata seats that your bud had for sale there. I've considered putting a pair of those in the Z. I've got Fiero seats in there now and I find them extremely comfortable, but I've always wondered how Miata seats would do.

Couldn't stand the weather.

I hear ya. I wanted to take the Pantera and enter it in the limbo contest but I wasn't about to drive it in the rain. As it turned out I was too busy selling Z parts to get away from my spot.

I put a set of Miata seats in my 260Z turbo about 15 years ago and love them. They fit really well, hold you in place and are comfortable. He has one set of seats left. They're $60 for the pair. I bought a set from Jeff for my 76 280Z turbo. I couldn't pass up a set for that price.

Another good deal Jeff has is a set of 4-screw carbs that he recently rebuilt as spares for his race car. He's decided to retire from racing and move to SC. He also realized that after 30+ years of racing he's never had a problem with his SU carbs so he didn't need to carry a spare set anyway. The carbs are $225 for the pair if anyone is interested.

Saturday's weather was crappy. But after selling a ton of Z parts I'll remember it as 70 degrees and sunny! LOL

Chuck