IGNORED

Blowby-too much smoke!

zmanoside

I don't know if he checked bore size. He probably didn't. I told him the previous owner had standard bore 86mm Pistons in it and that's what I ordered and that's what he put in. But now that I'm finding out after the fact that and the car is already back together and in my garage that the Pistons that we took out aren't the Pistons that Hosomi put in it would have made sense to check the bore on it....too late now... I guess I'll be big time SOL if the whole thing happens all over again and I'll have to get the RB25det early......and my wife will be SUPER PISSED. I'll call the mechanic that did the work and see if he measured bore size before he honed.

Ya I drove it an hour home from the shop at 60mph on the freeway. Also just got back from picking up my son at school with it and had 4 people literally yell out of their car in traffic to tell me how sweet the car is. Runs perfect. Sounds great. No smoke. I don't hear any unusual sounds. Idles very smooth.

Edited by zmanoside
Spelling

38 minutes ago, Lumens said:

You got your car back way quicker that I thought. That almost never happens with a job like that. Good shop.

It would have been only a 3 day turn around if the shop owner knew how to use the Internet! The Pistons he originally ordered were dished Pistons. I had to get online for him and order them and have them shipped which took an additional 4 days. It was miserable for me though. I had sinus surgery and it got infected post op which sucked. I had to pick up the car with the worst headache I've ever had in my life!!!

Still wondering how the ring fragments got past the skirt tops.  There's no path. 

Pistons aren't ITM.  Where'd they come from?

Does Datsun Spirit keep records of the block serial numbers?  Each one is unique.  Might offer a clue.

In the long run, doesn't matter much to zmano.  It does leave open questions about the other two parties though.  Hate to say.

• Like 1

I'd be curious of how the bores looked. Standard bore in 2 rebuilds? 

Honed several times makes for s sloppy fit . Sloppy fit no good. 

I would ask for numbers since the mechanic was so emphatic that he checked.

what is the piston , bore clearance now?

glad you are back rolling 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Still wondering how the ring fragments got past the skirt tops.  There's no path. 

Pistons aren't ITM.  Where'd they come from?

Does Datsun Spirit keep records of the block serial numbers?  Each one is unique.  Might offer a clue.

In the long run, doesn't matter much to zmano.  It does leave open questions about the other two parties though.  Hate to say.

I texted the previous owner all of the pics of the Pistons along with me telling him that I spoke with hosomi on the phone and that there wasn't ITM Pistons in there. No response...

3 hours ago, zmanoside said:

I texted the previous owner all of the pics of the Pistons along with me telling him that I spoke with hosomi on the phone and that there wasn't ITM Pistons in there. No response...

Not surprising...<_<