IGNORED

Lets see your catch can!

zmanoside

I'm sorry I should have specified. I'm wanting to setup a PCV and or crankcase breather to a catch can. Currently my PCV is capped with a freeze plug and I have a garden hose coming off my valve cover where the crankcase is breathing that is dangling down in my engine bay that I think has too much blow by coming out due to the PCV being capped? My plan is to uncap the PCV, put a stock PCV tube in, route that to the catch can and also the crankcase breather to the catch can with a breather filter on top of the catch can. Doing lots of readings and looking at pictures I can't tell if this is the best option to vent blow by. Do I hook up both the PCV vent and the crankcase vent to the catch can with a breather on top of the can? Or do I just connect the PCV to the can and put a breather filter on top of the valve cover to vent the crankcase?

Do you have SUs and their air filter?  That's where my valve cover vents to.  And then the block goes to the balance tube, where the PCV valve is.

If you have triples, nevermind.  There's some guys on here that'll chime in later on that have that set up.  Keep bumping the thread up. :)

Probably hard to find and or follow on mine. Down in left front corner . I pull vacuum off the center of the vacuum log. Got lucky that an old booster hose actually routed correctly around everything. I went with the catch can because I also run a MAP sensor off the vacuum log also. I was actually getting oil condensation in the MAP hose. 

This popped in to my head the other day - I used to work with vacuum pumps and we would modify the exhaust ports with a piece of large water pipe filled with steel wool.  The wool gave the vapors a place to condense and drain back in to the pump but let the gases flow through.  Without the modification when you turned the pump on and it was evacuating it would often blow oil vapor out of the exhaust port.

Used the same concept on the breather valve for my diff.  Filled it with a piece of Scotchbrite.  It stays clean now.

Not entirely sure how well this works, but it was already on the car when I bought it and the PO generally seemed to know what he was doing when he set the car up, so it stays.  It does take in a little oil from time to time though, so it saves mess from accumulating elsewhere in the engine bay.  

Basically just rubber lines from the crank case and valve cover meeting at a y-pipe, then running into the catch can.  I had a K&N style filter on there before, but it regularly became saturated with oil, so I switched to a fancy billet Earl's filter, which handles the job a little more tidily.  

DSC04795.JPG

• Like 1