IGNORED

Rally Clock on Ebay

kmack

• 2 months later...
If I learned well from Master Alan, This particular clock does not need the separate "control box" or aka "oscilator" that the early model rallye clock (2 knob clock?) requires.

This clock is know as the calender clock and is from later model cars (77~78?).

I'd really like to find out the output of this oscilator device. I'm sure it could be duplicated. It would be nice to install my early rallye clock. It's not doing me much good sitting on the coffee table. It's only a good conversational piece when Datsun nuts come over. Other than that, It's a good dust magnet.

Is this "control box" or aka "oscilator" a plastic or metal unit? i think i have one.

I have a late model rally clock. It's not in the car yet and I've had it for about two years. I actually found it in a car in the junkyard, don't know why it was there but recognized it right away. Paid very little for it. I made a tester out of a clock plug-in terminal cut from a 280 harness and it checked out fine. It's the later style that will plug right in to a 280Z but my stock clock works fine. I guess I'm just keeping it as a back up in case mine ever quits as I don't rally my car. If I did, I would probably use me pen tablet much in the way that Tomohawk uses his palm pc.

How would you mount your tablet? I was thinking of a bracket that would bolt to the side of the metal frame after removing the center vent cover. Either that or a bracket that comes through a hole where the map light used to be ( after removing it from the vent cover. Either way you'd need a spare vent cover to restore the stock look for showing, and I would prefer to have the thing covering the clock, or better yet, just off the upper-right corner of the steering wheel.

That rally clock is a fancy backup for the stock clock, huh? If your rally clock needs a calendar on it, I would think the stages aren't short enough LOL