IGNORED

HLS30-01121 Gets A New Life

CHL240Z

Razor blade works great.  The paint on my car is so dead and sun burnt it is much quicker with the razor than sanding.  Stripped the top, both doors and hood in about an hour and a half.   I use a blade holder from the paint department of one of the box stores. 

So I went to Just Dashes last Friday and dropped my Dash and Center Console off.  Talked to Abe and John for about an hour.  I was really impressed with the staff there and their quality of work is top notch.  Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the dash but really, who among us wants to see another Z Dash that has been thrashed over the years.  I did take this one though.

IMG_3769.jpg

Saturday I went to Miguel's to make another payment and pick up my Front and Rear Suspension.  I brought my friend from Dallas along to see the car and meet the master himself.  It has been in the shop for a month and I think they are making great progress.  

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

I will start tearing into the rear suspension soon because I want to get the R180 checked out and rebuild the half-shafts.  I am also looking into completely building the three wiring harnesses from scratch using new wire and vintage connectors.  I can grab a fuse block off of summit racing and completely re-fabricate a plug and play wiring harness for 1121.  I have been doing electrical work in the Navy for 19 years and looking at the existing harness and schematics, I know I can get it done.  Im just wondering if this is something anyone else would be willing for me to do for them?

Clay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a call from John at Just Dashes today and he told me that they are not going to be able to repair the Tachometer Lens or the Clock Lens.  He asked if I could source the parts it would help them greatly.  I have been all over the sites looking for a place to get the lenses to no avail.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  On a positive note.  The body is almost complete and should be home soon.

Doing some searching it looks like your best option is ebay and it looks like you'll have to buy the whole clock. The cheapest one I've found is $50. Probably doesn't work. Refurb'd clocks are WAY MORE.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-260Z-JECO-ANALOG-CLOCK-TOYOTA-CELICA/192667398135?hash=item2cdbdf2ff7:g:nxMAAOSwMz9bf0-f&vxp=mtr

Found a tach for $14

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Tachometer-Factory-OEM-Nissan-240Z-Series-2/153185688931?hash=item23aa941d63:g:Cs0AAOSwoAVbZnu2&vxp=mtr

Edited by w3wilkes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...