IGNORED

HLS3007326 says hello!

I'm Zach. I live in San Diego. I just bought my first Datsun. A 1970 240z. She was produced in July of 1970 and ended up in my hands 46 years later. I believe I am the 3rd or 4th owner. I am an active duty Navy RN and I work in the Emergency Dept in San Diego. I've been in the Subaru community for the past 10 years or so and am a big fan of drag racing. Original plans for the car was to put a RB25 engine in but that may change! Man these Mikuni carbs sounds phenomenal. Anyways, just joined this morning on my shift at work at zero dark thirty when we weren't being bombarded by sore throats and knee pain! She has a lot done to her already, pretty clean from what I can see. Can't wait to get some time off work to make her my own.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the club!  I have a '70 240Z myself.  Here is the website to the local San Diego Z club if you are interested, ZCSD http://www.zcsd.org/   .  We meet the first Tuesday of every month.

Also, I live just down the 78 from you in Escondido.  I am the guy you saw at Les's shop last Saturday.

Best regards,

Rich

• Like 1

That's a nice early Z, I would recommend you don't modify the car in a way that is not reversible. The really early cars are some of the most sought after and hence the most valuable. The RB won't be easily reversible. The car should be plenty of fun with the Mikunis, a good cam and proper tuning...have fun B)

• Like 1

She's already had A LOT of modifications done that got rid of original parts. It has a F54 block with a P79 head, no more original engine, however still have the original valve cover. Most all of the original interior is gone. Has a custom fiberglass dash. So keeping it in original shape is already done for I'm afraid. 

7 hours ago, motorman7 said:

Hi Zach,

Welcome to the club!  I have a '70 240Z myself.  Here is the website to the local San Diego Z club if you are interested, ZCSD http://www.zcsd.org/   .  We meet the first Tuesday of every month.

Also, I live just down the 78 from you in Escondido.  I am the guy you saw at Les's shop last Saturday.

Best regards,

Rich

Hey Rich! Already joined the San Diego Z club. As soon as I get off night shift I will make it to a meet!

zach

Zach,

Welcome, I am new here as well.  I am also in the Navy and am stationed in San Diego.  I also have a 1970 240Z and have really enjoyed owning it so far.  I am about to start a full restoration and can't wait to get her back on the road.  

Clay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...