IGNORED

Check this Damaged Auto Website Out

lonetreesteve

Copart is where I bought my wife's totaled Camaro. In Florida, the buyer has to be a dealer because Copart won't collect sales taxes. I had to find a straw dealer to work through adding to the costs. This is not always clear when you go to their site and can be a problem if the car you want is coming up for sale in the near future.

Edited by djwarner

32 minutes ago, djwarner said:

In Florida, the buyer has to be a dealer because Copart won't collect sales taxes.

This can be a problem even for dealers some times. I have to use a broker when buying cars out of Alabama because they don't recognize our dealers license. You also have to be careful if you plan to register the vehicle because many of the cars are parts only and unregisterable but they come as "Certificate of destruction" / "Bill of sale" or some other unclear description.

2 hours ago, zKars said:

Now what on that car could possibly worth having or saving?. Est Retail Val of $5K ???? 

When they quote ACV (Actual Cash Value), they are quoting the value of the undamaged car and then they normally give you an insurance adjuster estimate to repair. Normally it can be repaired for less if you have the resources and are a good scrounger...cars like this get sold for scrap weight. It is just the process they go through for the insurance company to get rid of the chassis. This car is a total burn. They rust like crazy after they burn and typically there will be a puddle of aluminum under them from where the head melted from the heat.

• 4 weeks later...

My heart breaks just a bit looking at these cars  It's sad to see the ones that were clearly loved and well taken care of before they ended up here :(. Then the ones, like the last listing... Left in someone's pasture to rust, until it came here. Just sad! 

Reminds me a bit of the airplane graveyard in AZ.... 

Great site post though! 

Oh for the love of our z cars! 

K :(

Edited by KiraK