IGNORED

2000$ rear hatch glass

hr369

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

I see your location is listed as "High Dessert". Is that slightly north of Eton Mess, and to the south of Fruit Salad? 

An extra "s" in desert, perhaps an extra "0" in $2000.  My little mind spots a trend.

Dennis

"Late to this thread but better late then never.... "

Wow. I disagree. I think never would have been better than late.

Your first post ever on this forum - "Nyeah Nyeah Nyeah! Pbbbbbbthhhh! My part sold for exactly what wanted, so for all you people who said anything I didn't like about my auction... you are smart a$$ with little minds or have personally problems."

It might just be me, but I would rather see someone come to the forum and try to participate in some way other than simply trying to profit from it's members. Add something constructive to the community before you start trying to make money off them.

I mean... I get it.  I understand you're trying to sell parts for the highest price you can get. Who doesn't?? Just add something constructive to the community instead of coming here to wave your fantastic awesome success in the air and rub members noses in it, and call people names simply because they have opinions you disagree with?

Never would have been better than late.

@Mike

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HS30-H said:

I may well be "as smart a$$" with "little minds", but I wouldn't be too sure the guy in the U.K. who (you say) bought this for 2k USD really knows what he bought. 

I see your location is listed as "High Dessert". Is that slightly north of Eton Mess, and to the south of Fruit Salad? 

Well u nailed it on the head... YOUR A SMART A$$ for sure, but you even took some of your small mind&time to some find me....did mommy help ya? ..... MMMM fruit salad, now I'm hungry. 

23 minutes ago, fairlady240zguy said:

Well u nailed it on the head... YOUR A SMART A$$ for sure, but you even took some of your small mind&time to some find me....did mommy help ya? ..... MMMM fruit salad, now I'm hungry. 

every post of yours that i have seen so far has been negative. why dont you get the f out of here?

1 minute ago, sweatybetty said:

every post of yours that i have seen so far has been negative. why dont you get the f out of here?

Dude, really I'm not a jerk, personally i'll give you shirt off my back BUT you started talking crap and I don't back down....period!!!

So I just replied to you in my anger, IM SORRY ABOUT THAT.. (takes a real man to apologize), you just rubbed me the wrong way and tried to influence others...not cool man.

Look, I'm just getting away from eBay (aka FEEBAY) and going to the source to help others save a buck.  

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:37 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Seems to me that I could pretty much "convert" my 77 glass to 69/70 JDM glass with a scraper blade and some acetone...

No you couldn't.  Besides not having rear defroster elements, this hatch glass is the clear (untinted) version.  No amount of scraper blades and acetone will remove the tint within the glass.  Besides being used on early North American cars, the clear glass with no defroster was used on the Japanese market base model Fairlady Z-S.  Most Japanese buyers opted for the upgraded Fairlady Z-L model though, so the glass is pretty rare.  Not sure it's worth $2k, but maybe to the right person trying to restore a car that originally had this type of glass.  I found a clear hatch glass on ebay several years ago for much less and bought it as a spare for my low VIN cars.  Hopefully I'll never it but it's nice to have a spare just in case.

• Like 2

Hey!  Glad to see your comment, Mike.  I was thinking of responding as well about scraping the glass.  The glass is etched.  You won't get the lines out.  I tried.

Both my cars are clear glass type and I bought a brand new piece many years ago for the same reason.

• Like 2