IGNORED

HELP: Need a new ashtray door for my 71

Zedyone_kenobi

Well I was driving around the other night, and low and behold, my ash tray door, just plain cracked in half.  I should have never touched it.  LOL

I do not and have never smoked, but I leave a spare fuse in there.  NO idea why I wanted to 'look' at said fuse.  But anyway, does anybody have a spare door that covers the ashtray?

My cursory search has revealed that this may be a hard part to find....

I have toyed with the idea of putting a 72 console in my car. As they can be had more readily and in good shape than the 70-71 center console.  But I just cannot abandon how OEM my interior is right now. Right now I am deep into my roadster dash redo.  So after that the Z gets another turn for more freshening.

• Like 1

Have to give credit and thanks where it is due.

Zup, since you pointed me to www240Zrubberparts.com I want to thank you.

I emailed them my issue and since they  were out of them, they would add them to the next batch in a few days and I could order one when they are ready.  THAT is great service for our Z's. I just wanted to give them a compliment in front of our member and thank them for the quick customer friendly service. I think I will order the entire brake and hose clamp set from them in addition to the ash tray door. I will reward good companies with my wallet.  That kind of service is hard to find.

• Like 2

Thanks Zeddy--:D-- Glad I could help!

Steve's reproductions are the best out there by far----very accurate and the craftsmanship shows in all of them.

I have had the pleasure of providing  several NOS and good condition pieces for him to use as patterns and know first hand how well he makes the replacements---there are no

dis-appointments.

All the Z community is fortunate to have a man of Steve's talents and abilities. His parts are not unreasonable in cost when you consider the time and investment in tooling he has made. Many of the parts are not available anywhere else and some never had part numbers associated with them as they were a part of an assembly.

The service is TOP NOTCH to boot!

(end of accolade)  :mellow:

Jim D.

"Zup".

• Like 2